Engine Forced Induction Options?

Ed88

Aug 21, 2017
Ok so I've gone through about 65 pages of this section and couldn't really find anything. I'm just wondering what some people have don't for boost. I'm definitely a supercharger guy more than a turbo guy. But with that said I've heard the super coupe blower is a pain to swap and not worth it (this true?), And I'm not sure I want to spend almost 3k on a procharger type setup that doesn't include injectors and all that jazz.
I'm not looking to push insane boost just want it to have a bit more fun factor and everyone loves a supercharger whine lol

Thanks
Eddie

• Sponsors (?)

The supercoupe blower comes in two flavors. The gen3 and gen4. Gen3 is anemic without modification. The gen4 came with coated rotors and is a much better design.

These will make the car a torque hound lots of power down low thru 5k but above that it will fall off. I heavily modded a gen3 for a 5.0 and made 386tq and 296hp on a dynojet.

In the "worth it" area this is was fully maxed out I could not possibly make any more boost I was spinning it at twice the rated bearing rpm.

A gen4 or 5 could make more, an mp90 would be the best option they are heavily modded from the manufacturer.

Good info, I appreciate it. Any idea where to find a gen 4/5 or mp90? I know I would also need the crank pulley and intake manifold but any other misc parts?