Ford Racing and Edelbrock water pumps?

• Sponsors (?)

Never seen a $150 FRPP pump, every "Ford Racing" water pump I've bought was just a reboxed Motorcraft right down to the part number, in an expensive box. I don't believe in Ford Racing parts, as a rule. Edlebrock Victor pumps however have an improved shaft design for longer life and less parasitic power loss from operation, improved chanels and improved impellor design for more flow. I can say from experience that my running temp dropped 10 degrees when I took off my "Ford Racing" pump and put on my Victor. As for the other three, I don't know much about them beyond what Summit Racing says- the sound like the same deal as the Victor for less. I put a FlowKooler on my wifes, it looks just like the stock one did. Nothing to report.

I have the Edlebrock... Two years of high RPM usage and it hasn't broken yet. Can't say i noticed a difference n the cooling as I installed it on a fresh motor with mods, so no baseline. I would probably buy it again though.

It certainly seems better made than an OEM style I've seen.

After years of paying extra for Ford Racing [boxes] I've becomed rather disalusioned with them, I won't pay extra for a Ford Racing anything anymore. The Edlebrock is a good peice though, and you can see the quality difference. Just my $.02

only thing i ever liked about ford racing aftermarket was there gears, other than that most of the other stuff is highly over priced and isn't really that good. if you look at there heads and what they charge there not worth it, other heads flow way better for less money, same thing with the intakes (gt-40, cobra, explorer), same thing with there cams, was good when they first came out just because they weren't other ones out for the industry, but now there still the same price despite other cam makes out there that make a better cam that chrage way less.

I'd either do the edelbrock or like i said a summit polished one.