Fox Fox build and projects 1993 gt

• Sponsors (?)

Hey how are those seats? I am looking into the black micro suede kit from lmr for my 91. Are they comfortable, height good etc?

to bee 100% honest the seats are REALLY comfortable this was the whole interior kit from LMR.COM with the carpet, front seats tracks and rear seat upholstery, only problem is the track height brings the seat up higher than stock and my knees hit the steering wheel, i want to get a smaller steering wheel but with what has been getting replaced i just cant afford 400bux for the hub and wheel right now.

My ac is empty, can I put 134a in an r12 system without changing the pumps, lines, condesnor and stuff? I need go get a new alternator too my voltage drops really really low with the blower motor on

Here's my opinion on the ac. I would change the evaporator under the dash, the line with the black tank on it (Can't remember what it's called,been a long day) and the pump, get the condenser and the remaining hoses cleaned, then have an ac shop vac and recharge with 134a, don't forget to use the green o rings. This is just my opinion and in no way related to any professional experience.

Here's my opinion on the ac. I would change the evaporator under the dash, the line with the black tank on it (Can't remember what it's called,been a long day) and the pump, get the condenser and the remaining hoses cleaned, then have an ac shop vac and recharge with 134a, don't forget to use the green o rings. This is just my opinion and in no way related to any professional experience.
It’s an accumulator there JR.

Get Joe involved, he’ll know exactly. @jrichker

ok so the accumulator is under the dash or is it that black thing with 2 hoses under the hood by the firewall
Nah, the evaporator is in the air box in the dash. The accumulator (or dryer) is the cylinder next to the passenger side firewall and will have two hoses to it and a high pressure switch (small wiring harness to the switch).

The accumulator should be looked at as a disposable item when you do any large changes to your a/c. It collects the moisture that builds up in the system. Freon and water don't get along at all.

You can count on replacing it, it's cheap though.

Joe will chime in, he's bound to have a write up on this. He'll know what needs to be replaced, and there are a few things.

Nah, the evaporator is in the air box in the dash. The accumulator (or dryer) is the cylinder next to the passenger side firewall and will have two hoses to it and a high pressure switch (small wiring harness to the switch).

The accumulator should be looked at as a disposable item when you do any large changes to your a/c. It collects the moisture that builds up in the system. Freon and water don't get along at all.

You can count on replacing it, it's cheap though.

Joe will chime in, he's bound to have a write up on this. He'll know what needs to be replaced, and there are a few things.

ok cool, i figured that was bad because i had to jump the leads on the switch to get the ac compressor to turn on, should i get an accumulator and switch? i just cant afford the 700$ kit to convert to 134a

ok cool, i figured that was bad because i had to jump the leads on the switch to get the ac compressor to turn on, should i get an accumulator and switch? i just cant afford the 700$ kit to convert to 134a
You’ll need more than just the dryer and a switch.

There’s a reason that the high pressure switch is cutting off your air as well. I can’t tell you what it is.

Wait for Joe’s reply or do some time searching. This issue has been covered several times before. The info is in here already.

Hey guys any help with these vacuum lines would be awesome, I have no idea where this green one goes and it looks like theres a white one that's just broken and I cant find the other side.

Attachments

• 20180708_161133.jpg
    20180708_161133.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180708_161138.jpg
    20180708_161138.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 200
Goin back in, new clutch , clutch cable and firewall adjustment with quadrant. Also picked up 4.10 gears, that's a bit outside of my skill set, gonna have someone do that for me

Attachments

• 20180725_131559.jpg
    20180725_131559.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 20180725_131212.jpg
    20180725_131212.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 184
I'm still looking for a decent cat back that wont break the bank, the cat back that's on there (which came with the car) I think it's super 44's and the pieces are all rusted out.