Foxbody is possessed and will only fire up sometimes help

• Sponsors (?)

He does alot of truck ecu's. Ain't just the fox body stuff craping out these days from age, he doesn't even have the fox stuff listed on his site or ebay page but can do them, there simple compared to newer multi layer boards..

So I replaced all the caps and still nothing. It'll fire every now and then and with the spout out it'll stay on sometimes for a few seconds then die. Fuel pump primes when key on like it's supposed to. The sounds in the video on the initial post are the injectors firing and the coil will randomly fire too and it still does this with the key on randomly sometimes. I'm gonna try a different computer and maybe a new distributor thinking the pip sensor is bad but I really don't know at this point any other suggestions are appreciated

Did you test the circuits... Just putting new caps on a board if you don't know what your doing or how to test the basic ecu functions isnt the best idea. from the pic your posted of the bad cap I'd expect the trace pad to be pretty trashed under the coating. Better off sending that in for repair.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Did you test the circuits... Just putting new caps on a board if you don't know what your doing or how to test the basic ecu functions isnt the best idea. from the pic your posted of the bad cap I'd expect the trace pad to be pretty trashed under the coating. Better off sending that in for repair.
I'll probably send it in then. I'll research how to test the computer as well but the bottom 2 caps have 5v on the positive side with the key on and the top one has 12v and there's continuity on all the negatives of the caps. Could the pad still be bad even though I'm getting voltage there? I might be able to get my hands on a spare computer so I'm going to try that as well

If you can get your hands on a known working EEC than that will answer all your questions with regards to your old one. If it were me I would be full press on going this route as it puts to rest whether or not the existing EEC is good or bad and if it needs to be repaired or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Update... I was able to get a a9p out of a running car and the car fired right up. I'm not sure what else was wrong with the other computer or if I somehow did the capacitors incorrectly but the car runs again. Thanks guys for the help

Reactions: 2 users