Engine Foxbody Mustang A/C Compressor Reseal - Nippon-Denso 6P148A

• Sponsors (?)

Another one done.
59BAE295-6FEA-4470-9CDE-ADC2BF0A9E9F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'd like to see something like this done to an air pump. There's just about no info available an the correct way to rebuild one. I did find a part number for the front bearing but no videos. Just people smacking them apart with hammers and spraying wd40 in them before smacking it back together. There's gotta be a better way.

I'd like to see something like this done to an air pump. There's just about no info available an the correct way to rebuild one. I did find a part number for the front bearing but no videos. Just people smacking them apart with hammers and spraying wd40 in them before smacking it back together. There's gotta be a better way.

I rebuilt my air pump years ago. Replaced the bearings and reassembled. But that was back when I was a hack, so I’d prob do it a bit better these days.

If I get some time over the winter maybe I’ll do one.

Edit: apparently I have two pumps. Right one feels a little rough when I spin it. Looks like I have a project during the next blizzard
73F33BFC-CE39-4731-B294-9FFBF33EB994.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
I have the bearing part numbers written down somewhere. I was going to rebuild the air pump on my Saleen a few years back but the case was too worn from when the rear bearing let go so I decided against it. I’d be interested in seeing how you rebuild it.

I found the part numbers for the bearings. Front bearing is 6203-RS. Rear bearing is BA248Z. Inner small bearings are SCE65 but I do not know how you change those. Those are the part numbers I bought to do mine.

Alert.......
Rockauto has some closeout items from Motorcraft on AC parts ie: seal, clutch assembly, clutch coil ect.
I didn't compare part numbers but it's worth a look.
The list I got was for the 89 model but may fit others.

Reactions: 1 user