Brakes Front brakes heating up, pressurizing fluid, pedal stays up

• Sponsors(?)

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
www.stangnet.com
I bet the end of that rod was supposed to be ground down smooth which could take off a 32th, which is what all it would take. It still has the casting roughness on the end. I'm just moving on from this point, I just want to get it on the tarmac and drive it!!

Reactions: 1 user

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
You can tell its hard to get on, I have to force the brake pin through the switch which makes me think the end of the rod is too thick. I measured it with calipers, it's exactly a 1/16th thick. What is your old one?

1/16" thick? Is that correct?

I measured mine and it's exactly 1/4" thick (0.251" exactly)

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
www.stangnet.com
Now I'm going to put back on normal rotors and see if all my brake issues are cleared up. Then it's time to put on the new X pipe with cars, Borla mufflers and stainless polished Flowmaster tips. Then I'm done. Crossing fingers. Else im just gonna drive it off a cliff.

Picked up a new project too.... 67 Fairlane GT 390 4spd from here....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF5A5HYbN-A

Woot woot!

Mike

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
www.stangnet.com
Thanks here to everyone who helped me out on the brakes!!

OK, I think she is good to go. Took her on a shake down run this AM. Seemed to do well. Brake pedal is not at top but not sure it was supposed to be, I can press and get great stopping power and pedal does not bottom out. I also completed the exhaust during this phase... which I think I will now call the done phase. Need to adjust one tip, hangs too low, go figure their bracket is wrong (Flowmaster tips == China). But they had the nicest one for my setup.

Exhaust == Stock Manifolds ==> Magnaflow Catted X-pipe ==> Pypes Extension pipes ==> Borla Mufflers ==> Flowmaster Tips and used custom Pypes muffler hangers for the mufflers.

I spread my love across multiple brands :)

Google Album for those curious.

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 9
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
That's a damn fine looking car.

Are you running the Borla Pro XP? If so, any sound clips or feedback? That's the same setup I plan on running.