FRPP King Cobra clutch

Hi-Po

Mar 31, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Not sure if this should go under tech or talk, anyways here goes.

For those of you who have experience with the King Cobra clutch, up to what powerlevels are they good, and what kind of durability can I expect?

I have been using one for the last 8 years and approximately 60,000 miles - still seem to hold up good, but recently I seem to sense a bit of burnt clutch smell after spirited driving...

This car is my daily driver so by far most of the driving is fairly civilised, but of course I do step on it when opportunities come..

So, what can I expect? Time to save up for a replacement or should it be good to go for a while longer? :shrug:

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mine does pretty much what you just said...if i'm at the track, it's getting to where i can smell it a bit after a pass so i think its days are numbered. I've had mine for 7 years...that's 7 years of no mercy abuse. Up until recently it hasn't seen more than 300hp or so but with the stroker it's around 420hp at the crank. So far it seems to be holding up fine...but i also don't run it on slicks so i imagine if that where the case it would've bit the dust by now.

I don't have to push the pedal very far in before it releases, however recently it seems quite a bit more heavy when the drivetrain is cold. As soon as everything is warmed up it feels like it always has, and I can't sense any slippage.
Although when downchanging at somewhat higher revs than for normal driving there seems to be some slight vibrations/lugging.

I had hoped it would last a bit longer... funds are thight now :(