Guess my E.T.

Marc S

Jan 23, 2009
I am taking my 08 5spd GT to the track for the first time tomorrow. I have a JLT CAI, dyno tune, 4.10 gears, H&R race springs and 275/40/18 Toyo T1R's street tires. My car recently made 303 HP on my Dynojet and 291 HP on a Mustang Dyno. The track's density altitude today is 266 ft above sea level, 54 degrees and the humidity is 61%. I have raced every year since I was 16 and I am 45 now. I have a 4 speed stock eliminator 70 Nova SS and a blown alcohol altered with a 3 speed lenco that runs 6.60's @ 212 with a 60' of .998-1.02. So, I believe I am a pretty decent driver. Just for bragging rights, I would like to see who can guess the closest what the car will run. 60' 1/4 mile E.T. and MPH.

• Sponsors (?)

you from jersey? i'm guessing your front plates a jersey plate cause it looks kinda yellow, and i know the tracks around here are pretty low down to sea level. if so what track you going to? i might be hitting up atco tonight, if not i'm going to e town tomorrow.

Those are some pretty quick times, I'm feeling the pressure to perform now. Maybe there should be a prize. Hmmm, I will have to think about that.

Well, Marc, since your JLT II CAI came off my car and I have 4.10 gears, as well, I can almost compare directly. Except, my car is an automatic. Best I ran before the supercharger went on was 13.30 @ 103. Your car will be quicker with the manual trans.

With the street tires, you'll have your hands full launching hard enough to run under 2.0 to the sixty foot, but I know if anyone can do it, you can!

If you heat up the street tires enough, you can pull a 1.90 sixty foot time on your way to a 13.2 @ 105+ in the 1/4 mile. <<< that's my prediction for your runs tomorrow.

When you get the drag radials on, you'll pull a 13.0 @ 106, maybe even the occasional 12.9.

No racing tonight, It rained out.

Not surprising. Must have been Bremerton Raceway as I didn't see any test n tune listed for Pacific Raceways?

Marc, any truth to the rumor that cars tend to run 2 tenths quicker at Bremerton, on average, versus Pacific Raceways? I can't tell you how many people have told me that over the 27 years I've run at PR. I've only run Bremerton once (while I was sorting out the supercharger last year) so I can't personally compare yet.

I used to be the VP @ Bremerton and it's only 7 miles from my house so I prefer that track over Pacific. On Friday nights you can usually get 10+ runs in if you want to hot lap. Bremerton used to be 1.5-2 tenths quicker because the track was over one foot down hill from start to finish and they prepped it better. After adding the concrete launch pad and re-paving, it's only 6" downhill. But, the prep work is still better at Bremerton IMO. My car that runs mid sixes at over 200 MPH always hooks up at Bremerton because they spray VHT from the start to 300 ft passed the finish line. At Pacific my car has gone through the finish line 1000 RPM's higher and 10 MPH slower due to wheel spin. That's always a good time at 200. Bremerton is running today and tomorrow, the rain stopped last night and it's dry. I was just outside and could hear the top fuel Harleys.

I used to be the VP @ Bremerton and it's only 7 miles from my house so I prefer that track over Pacific. On Friday nights you can usually get 10+ runs in if you want to hot lap. Bremerton used to be 1.5-2 tenths quicker because the track was over one foot down hill from start to finish and they prepped it better. After adding the concrete launch pad and re-paving, it's only 6" downhill. But, the prep work is still better at Bremerton IMO. My car that runs mid sixes at over 200 MPH always hooks up at Bremerton because they spray VHT from the start to 300 ft passed the finish line. At Pacific my car has gone through the finish line 1000 RPM's higher and 10 MPH slower due to wheel spin. That's always a good time at 200. Bremerton is running today and tomorrow, the rain stopped last night and it's dry. I was just outside and could hear the top fuel Harleys.

Gotta say that the one time I went to Bremerton (last October), it was a much nicer experience than PR. I got in a dozen runs in 2 hours. At PR, I'm lucky to get in one run every 1-2 hours as it's always so packed and poorly organized.