HAHA Cobra tails ftw!

I guess if having original Cobras and not having to do the restoration work is your thing, then I'm glad your happy! They should look good on there, but where your LX ones broken? If not sell them and make some money back (probably $40-50).

• Sponsors (?)

i did a little hydro-planing/runningofftheroad/guardrailsmashing.... a couple months ago.
i found a donor 4cyl coupe for 300 bucks.
yanked the quarter panel, trunk, bumper, and taillight panel/trunk floor and mated them to my car.

the only thing i still needed was new taillights, as mine were smashed broken and all around effed up. the housings and lenses were both smashed and cracked...

275.jpg

fcf.jpg

595.jpg

it's hard to look at... sad day.

but anyway, my car will be back from the body shop this friday, paint and all.

the housing reconditioning process was described to me as such:
taking old but good housings, cleaning, sanding, repainting, installing new rubber seals, and installing/sealing the new lenses in place.

well.. have a happy thanksgiving everyone.

i'll be sure to put up pictures after friday.

Attachments

• 275.jpg
    275.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 82
  • fcf.jpg
    fcf.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 595.jpg
    595.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 53
Regardless of what anyone thinks about that deal, OEM Cobra lenses a few years ago were easily worth $400+. This is before the replicas/repro's were sold everywhere, now people have options so the value probably went down a bit.

At that time, I was restoring the old GT/LX lenses with paint and pinstriping to make and sell my own replicas - I made a killing! Not worth doing much anymore, but was fun while it lasted :)

So $290 is a good deal, says the guy who ripped everyone off....lmao

So I called to order a set of lx tails from foxmustangrestoration... i asked if they were oem or aftermarket... the guy told me they were repro, but that he could he hook me up with a sweet deal if i wanted oem parts.

they take ford housings, clean them up, repaint and recondition them, and then put in brand new oem cobra lenses in.

$290 ftw!

super pumped.

Checked this out....

The lenses are NOT OEM pieces. Although, they are made with original Ford tooling. So its not like the Lenses are NOS or anything like that. Also, they are $75.00 a pop like someone else mentioned earlier. As for the housings, those are just original OEM parts that are recondtioned. Prettly simple job.