Has AnyOne Hit 200mph W/00-04 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

hotdog71 said:
With the Cobra-R wings on it I don't thing DF will be a problem,, but the extra load in your pants after you blow the engine might be :rlaugh:

With 3.27's and 200 shot anything is possible at least once :nice:

that extra load in his pants will help with downforce. (extra ballast). even out the weight ratio F/R. :rlaugh:

GTR_Stang03 said:
He did it with a Cobra I am going to do it with a GT and set a goal for 204 mph. My engine only needs to do it once. That is if it survives, I think it will. After I achieve this goal with the 2V I am going to retire the gt motor and put a Ford Racing 5.0 Modular Cammer. I am 40 years old with nothing better to do...
How in the world did you make it to 40 years old? Do you often blow up perfectly good engines to replace them with $15,000.00 engines (in $15,000.00 cars)?

GTR_Stang03 said:
My original motor has been really good to me...It deserves to go out with a BANG at 200+.. Ya think.
I think you are friggin dangerous, at best. (I'm trying to be nice here... :nonono: )

The N20 wouldnt be a good idea for the stock SB LOL. You will melt a piston and or run out of N20 in the time it would take you to hit 200. Basically the stock SB will NOT do. You have to get a forged one to get 200. It just takes soo much power. that cobra that hit 200, I would say he is lucky LOL, (didnt clicky, but I assume he had an eaton...or at lest a roots/TS type). Holding speeds like that with a top mounted blower is a BAD idea, especially for the stock 03-04 cobra SBs. You need to change pistons on those motors and reduce tolerance before you do a top speed run on the 03-04s.
They make too much heat, dont go KB. Go either centri or the preferred would be a turbo/TT setup.

CaliLifeStyle said:
I recommend a parachute to help you stop.

Find out what Koenigsegg did. They took a 4.6L DOHC V8 with a centrifugal supercharger and ran 240+mph. In fact, they hold the record for the fastest production car in the world. I would find out what gears did they use in their transmission.

I had never heard of Koenigsegg before this post so I did a little research. It said on their website that they use a 4.7L DOHC V8. Is it a Mod motor or something they hand-build? I would imagine a place like that doesn't do enough volume to make producing their own engines realistic. Anybody know? (sorry for thread hijack)

Flghtmstr1 said:
I had never heard of Koenigsegg before this post so I did a little research. It said on their website that they use a 4.7L DOHC V8. Is it a Mod motor or something they hand-build? I would imagine a place like that doesn't do enough volume to make producing their own engines realistic. Anybody know? (sorry for thread hijack)

It is a 4.6L Mod Motor just with a little added displacement and a blower. They hold the current top speed record. They use a Ford block and Ford heads. They probably use the Ford intake too.

Start here and get the 4.6 liter Promod short block.http://www.dssracing.com/ Then have a set of PI heads ported and polished with an upgraded set of springs and cams (VT,Comp, Mod Max, etc...). Then finish it off with the power adder of your choice. Im not sure why someone said not to use a KB. Either way turbos or sc with that bottom end will hold 750+ horse. BTW with stock 3.27 gears and stock height tires if you could get to 5800 rpm in 5th gear you would be over 200 mph. I used a calculator here:http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/608.shtml I don't think I would trust the stock T-45 with all that power, a TKO 600 would be my choice and a centerforce dual friction or a spec stage 3.

Torinalth said:
are you sure? i thought that the T5s had no OD at all, pretty much a standard step up from 1-5, as opposed to the 45/3650 which did have a true OD gear... i'll need to look into that one.

Torinalth
the T5 had overdrive....believe me
4th gear is 1:1, so 5th HAS to be OD, unless its the exact same as 4th gear :rolleyes:

$ 30,000.00 may get you there. you will need more hp through a built engine with a power adder and aero pieces to keep you from flying. You can't do this with a stock engine and nitrous. I know you are not talking about 1/4 mile, but look at the hp required ( 1200 + ) to do around 170 mph with basically stock front end pieces and Skinny Kid wings on the back.

hotmustang331 said:
I assume he had an eaton...or at lest a roots/TS type).

Please explain the difference between an eaton and a roots type blower...? :bs: Or, wait....are you saying that a roots and a Twin Screw are the same thing? Either way, it sounds like you don't know what you are talking about.

This kid I know that goes to UTI in PA was telling me about a Mustang they had, I forget what year and what they had done to it but they put it on a dyno and took all the restrictions off and supposedly it hit 205, but after 150 he said it took forever.

jlhall_10 said:
This kid I know that goes to UTI in PA was telling me about a Mustang they had, I forget what year and what they had done to it but they put it on a dyno and took all the restrictions off and supposedly it hit 205, but after 150 he said it took forever.

:rolleyes:
No drag on a dyno........

Something to think about...

as a general rule of thumb, as speed doubles, the force of wind resistance or air resistance or whatever you wanna call it, increases by 4 fold. So stick your hand out the window when your going 100mph and then imagine that force four times greater as it would be when traveling around 200mph.

I am an engineering major

695005_19_full.jpg

Carrera GT:
68deg V-10, 5.7 L
605 hp (sae) @ 8,000 rpm
435 lb-ft @ 5,750 rpm
coefficient of drag .39

Saleen S7:
90deg V-8 (Ford powered), 7.0 L, twin-turbo
750 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
700 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
coefficient of drag *undisclosed*