Have $700 to spend, need opinions.

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
I have a 2000 GT with a 5spd. Current mods: Steeda Tri-ax, K&N drop in, Mac o/r H, Flowmaster cat back, FRPP adj. cable/quadrant.

Whats the best way to spend $700? I want 4.10's and a tuner, but I can get a set of 3.73's for free. I will be doing all the work myself, I'm a tech and have tools and lift access. Friend that has offered the 3.73's will help me with that install.

Note I may have $1000 to spend. Might be selling the SLP catback in my shed. LMI's and o/r H dont sound to good.

• Sponsors (?)

Gears and tuner FTW! Thats what I would do really. 4.10's are nice but I drove alot of hwy miles with mine and gas mileage sucked ass. Also makes it a bit of a beast to launch. If I were in your shoes I would go with 3.73 and tuner. You WON'T be sorry! :) Great SOTP gain there ;)

If the 3.73's are free, get them. 4.10's are better for an auto since the auto gears in the transmission are numerically lower. Plus it will save you what..169-189 dollars?
I would buy underdrive pullies, a CAI, mass air flow and the tuner. The 4.6L is very responsive stock. With those few mods combined...it will wake it up a little bit more, and under the hood will look better with the CAI than a stock rubber tube and plastic box.

If you don't like that. Buy some BBK long tubes and matching H-pipe. That will eat up most of your cash, but if you can do it yourself, you will save yourself at least 400-500 bucks in labor. (Just make sure your clutch and transmission are in good shape before you put the L/T's on.