Hello...I finally bought one!

braye

Sep 13, 2007
San Jose, CA
I'm a new member and I'm just letting you all know that after falling in love with the GT in 2005 I finally upgraded from a 2001 Jetta 4 cyl. to my new 2007 GT Premium! I'm 58 and one day last week the results came back that my "growth" wasn't malignant so I went out the same day and celebrated by buying my first new car since 1973. Last weekend, my wife and I drove our new pony from Carmel, CA to San Louis Obispo, through Big Sur along Hwy 1 and the Pacific Ocean coastline. What a great drive! I'll look forward to reading this forum often, but not right now...........I've gotta go drive to the grocery store to get something for my wife................and I'll gladly do it!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the nice words. The drive south from Carmel through Big Sur and Cambria to SLO was out of this world! Beautiful ocean views. Great road to get the feel of the car through curves but watch that you don't go off the road! Going off the road could be the last thing you ever do! We did have to put up with about 300 bicyclists on a century ride for most of the way, but the pony had plenty of great power to pass 'em. I've been on Hwy 1 from San Francisco to Santa Cruz, too. Another very good ride. Enjoy it but be careful, especially through Devil's Slide area. I'll get some pics soon.

Great news braye:nice: Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to our madness:D My other car is a '98 Jetta TDI(it has sat unstarted since last Nov)so I know your jump. I went from 90 HP to now probably around 340 HP:eek: I've taken my Stang to the mountains and loved the drive! My g/f and her mom drove up and down 1 out in Cali years ago and she has told me all about it a few times:D

Braye

as mentioned your health far outweighs the new ride, but none-the-less, CONGRATULATIONS...I am sure this has taught you that we all should live life as today is our last day. Prepare for the future, but live for today.

Nice ride and welcome to Stangnet.

Jenn

welcome braye and you will enjoy this site, the guys in here are very helpful and if you have any questions please don't hold back. i lived in the fremont, union city area for 13 yrs. and never drove the coast, i bet its a great drive.

Excellent way to celebrate a clean bill of health. Congrats on both! When I drive, I miss a lot of the views so it would be nice if I could get a friend to drive and I can kick back and enjoy the view.