HELP ON RIMS!!!! Black Deep Dish FR500 Wheel

Young_Gotti

Jan 4, 2006
does anyone know where to get Black Deep Dish FR500 Wheel 18 X 9. all I see is 18 X 10. do they make it for 18 X 9? how does 18 X 9 up front and 18 X 10 in the rear sound, thats what im thinkin on puttin on my 03 mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Usually, the deep dish wheels just go on the back. The car will look great with regular 18x9 FR500s on the front. If you want to save yourself a lot of hassle when it comes time to rotate the tires, you could also go 18x10 (non-deep dish) all around. The car would be less prone to understeer too if you had the same contact patch all around.

Young_Gotti said:
yea im not gettin all 18x10. i bought 18x9, front and 18x10 DD in the back. fivepointstang, how much did ur tires cost, im lookin at at least $500 for all 4.

I got the front two 265/35/18 for 210 SHIPPED (which I thought was a great deal)
Then here came tricky part, finding the rear tires at a GOOD PRICE, but when you get into wide tires in 18 inch rim there is no such thing as a GOOD PRICE. The cheapest I found them was on tirerack.com for I think 215 a piece. So if you can find all 4 tires for 500 for all means take it!

Check around the different online tire places, sometimes different ones run specials on certain sizes. Definitly do your homework with them!!!

GOOD LUCK! They will look great once you get them on!

maybe this can help you in the right direction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/265-...ewItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ8061469075QQrdZ1
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/265-...ewItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ8062098334QQrdZ1
I actually bought my Kuhmos off the seller in the 2nd listing there. And I got them the NEXT DAY on ground shipping. I was impressed.

What I did is found the front two on eBay since that size is more common than the rear tires. Got a good deal there, and then just searched for the matching rears.

Oh one more thing.... sorry. When you go to get these mounted... FORGET ABOUT GOING TO SEARS, FIRESTONE, TIREDISCOUNTERS or anything like that. They all want a **** load and most of them couldnt guarantee that they wouldnt scratch the wheels up -- AND THEY wanted OVER $200 to mount and balance.

IT IS A MUST to go to a speciality shops that sells big chrome aftermarket wheels/spinners and stuff. Because they deal with big rims and tires all day and have the equipment to do it right. After getting $200+ quotes from the other places, I was pleased to spend $60 on M/B at the speciality shop, and I even got to watch them do it -- so I knew if he messed it up.

Hope this helps.