• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Help With Dumping Code's 98 Koer +

  • Thread starter Thread starter 88droptop5.0
  • Start date Start date Mar 7, 2015
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
Next
First Prev 3 of 7 Next Last

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#41
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #41
liljoe07 said:
It should be about 5 spots from the side of the eec connector.
Click to expand...
I sent a pic of the wire I think it is, but it doesn't coincide with the wiring diagram that I got above from another member. am i overlooking something, I must not have the pin in the right place to test. I'm getting frustrated ,lol
appreciate all your help, tell me if it's me being an idiot. any other steps so I can take?. Lol
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 8, 2015
#42
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #42
There should be one wire that still has 12v. That will be number 1. Drop down to the bottom row. Then go 5 over. That should be 45.
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#43
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #43
liljoe07 said:
There should be one wire that still has 12v. That will be number 1. Drop down to the bottom row. Then go 5 over. That should be 45.
Click to expand...
Ok, so on the diagram its #45, bottom row 5th from the left right?
If so,I'll try again tomorrow..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2015-03-08-20-07-26.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 238

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 8, 2015
#44
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #44
Correct. I mentioned number 1 to give you a reference point. Lots of wires, and sometimes guys get confused as to what they are looking at.
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#45
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #45
Ok, tha
liljoe07 said:
Correct. I mentioned number 1 to give you a reference point. Lots of wires, and sometimes guys get confused as to what they are looking at.
Click to expand...
Ok, thanks. the diagram in pitcher is as if you were looking at the connection unplugged from the computer, and thanks.
I'll give it another go after work tomorrow.
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#46
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #46
And it should be the exsact same color correct?
Sry for all the questions,lol
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 8, 2015
#47
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #47
Yes, the signal wire should not change colors! LoL! Ask all the questions you need. The better you understand, the better you're results will be! And the faster you will learn!
 
Reactions: 88droptop5.0

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#48
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #48
liljoe07 said:
Yes, the signal wire should not change colors! LoL! Ask all the questions you need. The better you understand, the better you're results will be! And the faster you will learn!
Click to expand...
Ok. Thank you. I will test again tomorrow and report back after work. If I can't get a ohm reading on the signal (green/black stripe) what's my next approach?
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 8, 2015
#49
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #49
Then you would fix or replace the wire. Depends on what you find.
 
Reactions: 88droptop5.0

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 8, 2015
#50
  • Mar 8, 2015
  • #50
liljoe07 said:
Then you would fix or replace the wire. Depends on what you find.
Click to expand...
Ok, I'll see what I find. If I haft to I'll run a jumper wire from the map harness to the computer connection. I'll try the test again first, its very possible I was on the ring pin on the computer harness.
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#51
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #51
liljoe07 said:
Then you would fix or replace the wire. Depends on what you find.
Click to expand...
Ok, on my brake i tested the map sensor resistance at the green/black wire ( I keep my car and work on it in my garage at work ). I was on the rong pin on my computer harness. I am getting 0.02 ohms from my green/black wire from my map sensor harness to pin #45 on the computer harness.
Could the map sensor be bad?
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#52
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #52
also on a side note, the previous owner had the map sensor just thrown behind the engine just dangling there..for who knows how long..
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 9, 2015
#53
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #53
If it was me, I would just change it.
 
Reactions: 88droptop5.0

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#54
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #54
liljoe07 said:
If it was me, I would just change it.
Click to expand...
I just orders one, will be here tomorrow morning.in the meantime I receive my upper and lower gt40 intake manifold,. I'm going to install that tonight and see what else I find.
I'll report back..
Thanks.
 

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#55
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #55
My new to me GT40 intake, it just came in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150309_135802817.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 201

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#56
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #56
Where exactly do all the vacume or whatever lines go? I don't trust the previous owners hafe ass job and want to get it right the first time, lol.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150309_143355031.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 206

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 9, 2015
#57
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #57
That's going to depend on what you are running. Do you have to have the smog and canister purge system functional?
 
Reactions: 88droptop5.0

88droptop5.0

Member
Mar 4, 2015
135
8
18
NEPA
Mar 9, 2015
#58
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #58
liljoe07 said:
That's going to depend on what you are running. Do you have to have the smog and canister purge system functional?
Click to expand...
I just want basics. I don't want anything unnecessary I just want her to run right.lol.
Thanks.
 

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
In Remembrance. Thank you for your contributions
Mar 10, 2000
27,512
2,813
234
Dublin GA
Mar 9, 2015
#59
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #59
liljoe07 said:
It should be about 5 spots from the side of the eec connector.
Click to expand...

Thanks for the reminder that I should to put the computer connector pinout drawings in the Code 22 test path

Here's the pinout drawings....








 
Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
Reactions: 88droptop5.0

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Mar 9, 2015
#60
  • Mar 9, 2015
  • #60
88droptop5.0 said:
I just want basics. I don't want anything unnecessary I just want her to run right.lol.
Thanks.
Click to expand...
You really only need 3 vacuum lines then. One for the vacuum tree, one for the fuel pressure regulator and one for the PCV line. If you want to use the EGR system, then you'll need one more. That's about as basic as it gets.
 
Reactions: 88droptop5.0
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
Next
First Prev 3 of 7 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
272
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
451
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
T
2002 V6 3.8L Help Me
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • Apr 4, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
50
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 12, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
A
Check Engine codes jumping around
  • azactor
  • Jan 9, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
243
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 6:11 AM
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?