Here are some pics of the turbo progress!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Well you guys have been asking, so I finally got the pictures off my camera phone...darn software problems. Had to download the stuff off the web..but anywho it worked! Im still learning the phone, so the brightness may be off some on some pics...sometimes its fuzzy because im not holding it still I guess. This was as of like 2 weeks ago.....almost everything is off the car right now and just waiting on freegin Jegs to give my my VHT primer...and a little bit of welding left. And yes, hood will be painted...all piping will also be painted with ceremic...so no rust on final install.

SP_A0006.jpg

SP_A0005.jpg

SP_A0004.jpg

SP_A0012.jpg

SP_A0029.jpg

SP_A0030.jpg

These are just some random pics and playing with the phone.

SP_A0018.jpg

View attachment 436200

SP_A0033.jpg

SP_A0034.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hope to have the car ready to drive by this weekend sometime....most likely next week though. Crap load of little things :nonono: . Atleast all of the vacuum/boost/wiring routing/plumbing is virtually complete...only thing im stuck on is this, if anyone can help

WHAT WIRE DO I TAP INTO TO CONNECT MY BOOST CONTROLERS RPM SENSOR WIRE? Is it the - side of the COP or the - side of the fuel injector, or somewhere else? Thanks :D
(NOTE) It doesnt have a little box for decoding like the shift light....and the generic instructions say to splice into the RPM signal wire that the EEC gets, or connect to the - terminal on your COIL. (no s :( )

Attachments

• SP_A0006.jpg
    SP_A0006.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 68
  • SP_A0004.jpg
    SP_A0004.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 71
  • SP_A0005.jpg
    SP_A0005.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 75
  • SP_A0029.jpg
    SP_A0029.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 70
  • SP_A0012.jpg
    SP_A0012.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 85
  • SP_A0018.jpg
    SP_A0018.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 73
  • SP_A0030.jpg
    SP_A0030.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 75
  • SP_A0033.jpg
    SP_A0033.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 78
  • SP_A0034.jpg
    SP_A0034.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

Also, here is where I mounted my boost controller :)
(no its not loose, nor in the way of the shifter....its mounted very precisely, all wiring/line was drilled to the exact size needed....infact from even a direct side view you really cant see behind it)

SP_A0007.jpg

SP_A0010.jpg

Attachments

• SP_A0010.jpg
    SP_A0010.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 74
  • SP_A0007.jpg
    SP_A0007.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 62
miller766 said:
Is that a right hand drive mustang? :eek: Maybe I'm just seeing things......forgive me if I'm just being iggnorant but I was unawhere they existed.

GOTCHA! LOL I was wondering who would catch it first :lol: . Phone has some cool features...that one flips everything around somehow. Crazy, its pretty hard to get the picture right because I kept trying to point the phone in the wrong direction LOL. See post # 2 for real pics :D

hotmustang331 said:
GOTCHA! LOL I was wondering who would catch it first :lol: . Phone has some cool features...that one flips everything around somehow. Crazy, its pretty hard to get the picture right because I kept trying to point the phone in the wrong direction LOL. See post # 2 for real pics :D

I was confused as hell....but still I do wonder if there is such a thing since I have never seen one. It would be cool to have one if they do exist....for the sake of having something different.

san~man said:
Man those pipes look low....or is it the angle of the photo?

:stupid: I was thinking the same thing. Hotmustang, although you are a traitor to the N/A club, at least you went on to bigger and better things :D I wish I had the knowledge and capability to fabricate things like you can, that car will sure be a beast when all is said and done.

Off topic but what shift knob is that? Is it the MGW gripper? How do you like it?

can't wait to see the finished project.

Ok now for the wiring issue.
Does it need to read all 8 cyl or just one? If one why not tape in by the computer like a shift light.
If it needs all 8 are you going to need one of those tach adapters?

Well it only connects to one wire...it says to connect to the signal wire that goes to the EEC....but I have NO idea where that is. :shrug:

Thanks guys for the kind words and funny remarks :rlaugh: .
Oh and one thing to note is that me and my dad are doing this...he mainly does the fabrication/grunt work and I do all the other crap along with some welding if I need to do something.

His fab skills are awsome though...I seriously doubt I could get it to look that good :hail2: . We plan what we want to do and since he is very good with angles he can usually get it like dead on in one try.

Oh and San~man, it should have around 4 inches of clearance...actually the pipes themselves are no lower than my LTs/Or X pipe used to be. I think the V band may be a BIT lower though as it hangs down close to an inch under the pipe. But my car is slammed up front, so im going to raise it another inch or so when we get it running....gotta love coilovers :D

-=NightHawk=- said:
you might want to move your cat...

View attachment 436040

:rlaugh:

your car is commin along nicely, cant wait to see it done!

:lol: :lol: :lol: MOVE ROMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tim, we found it easier to leave them up year round :D . Just plug them bad boys in every night when its december and thats it :hail2: . No hasseling with the darn lights after christmas :nice: . Only problem is that they get a bit faded....bet ehh, who cares :D

stangGT97 said:
:stupid: I was thinking the same thing. Hotmustang, although you are a traitor to the N/A club, at least you went on to bigger and better things :D I wish I had the knowledge and capability to fabricate things like you can, that car will sure be a beast when all is said and done.

Off topic but what shift knob is that? Is it the MGW gripper? How do you like it?

Yea thats the MGW gripper knob...man I LOVE it :hail2: . Came all packaged up very securely, also came with the allen wrench and some lock tite! Feels great, I highly reccomend that + they look amazing :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
Hey Tim, we found it easier to leave them up year round :D . Just plug them bad boys in every night when its december and thats it :hail2: . No hasseling with the darn lights after christmas :nice: . Only problem is that they get a bit faded....bet ehh, who cares :D
*looks at Cody's location*
'Nuff said. :p

Excited to see how this turbo setup turns out. :)