Here's an LS1 swap in a 4 EYE from LRS!

• Sponsors (?)

*Sigh*

I think it's kind of reckless on their part as a company founded on selling Mustang parts to allow a build like this to be publicized with their name on it. I'm sure there are more than a handful of Ford purists who will stop doing business with them over this.

Hate to say it, but after seeing that, if I see the exact same product at the exact same price at LRS and another supplier, I'll probably end up going with the other supplier. It may sound silly, but if I'm already teetering on the fence, it's something simple like this that will sway me one way or another.

eh, keep in mind they also sell Mopar and GM parts so they probably dont give a chit what a few mustang fans think. Not saying thats right or wrong.

*Sigh*

I think it's kind of reckless on their part as a company founded on selling Mustang parts to allow a build like this to be publicized with their name on it. I'm sure there are more than a handful of Ford purists who will stop doing business with them over this.

Hate to say it, but after seeing that, if I see the exact same product at the exact same price at LRS and another supplier, I'll probably end up going with the other supplier. It may sound silly, but if I'm already teetering on the fence, it's something simple like this that will sway me one way or another.

I think this attitude is just going to hurt you in the long run, LRS sells parts to everyone, and are a huge company, and whether you like it or not, this swap is popular and there is a big market for it. LRS is a company with good customer service and prices, and you may buy a part from another less known company that you could potentially have problems with and go thru a huge hassle

I think this attitude is just going to hurt you in the long run, LRS sells parts to everyone, and are a huge company, and whether you like it or not, this swap is popular and there is a big market for it. LRS is a company with good customer service and prices, and you may buy a part from another less known company that you could potentially have problems with and go thru a huge hassle

I can't argue with anything you said there, nor am I trying to dispute any of it. I just feel that, even if it's completely unintentional, they are sending the wrong message by putting their stamp of approval on this build.

I mean, what does it say about their employee's attitude? "Yea, we sell all sorts of performance parts for the SBF, but really, you're better off just building an LS." I see it almost as a practice-what-you-preach situation.

I'm really trying to loosen up on the mixed breed engine swap thing. It's just that, from a business perspective, this seems reckless from a PR standpoint.

It's like how Disney avoids religious and political standpoints in their movies. They stand to lose too many customers if they start to pick sides. This situation is maybe not quite to that extent, but you get the idea.

The underlying message in this build is that no engine Ford produces/has produced is good enough for this guy, so he went with a different manufacturer. That's the way I read into it. This guy works for LRS, and LRS says, "yea we'll put our name on this build. We'll support it."

The underlying message in this build is that no engine Ford produces/has produced is good enough for this guy, so he went with a different manufacturer. That's the way I read into it. This guy works for LRS, and LRS says, "yea we'll put our name on this build. We'll support it."

I think you take it a little to personally, its been argued about a million times on here about if its cheaper or not, i wont get into that, but i will say the way they did it wasnt the cheap route.. Could have been done cheaper and made the same or more HP. LRS isnt the biggest aftermarket performance part selling company either, they sell much more restoration stuff then cams or cylinder heads, and they definitly have the market cornered for what they do.

I think they are producing exactly what customers are screaming for. From a business stand point this is a win/win. Like it or not lots of people are dropping this motor into plenty of ford cars and this makes it that much easier.

I think you take it a little to personally, its been argued about a million times on here about if its cheaper or not, i wont get into that, but i will say the way they did it wasnt the cheap route.. Could have been done cheaper and made the same or more HP. LRS isnt the biggest aftermarket performance part selling company either, they sell much more restoration stuff then cams or cylinder heads, and they definitly have the market cornered for what they do.

Nah, not taking it personally at all. I don't see it as a slam on me, more like just a slap in the face for the Ford engine hobbyists/community in general. By definition, most people who are looking to buy Mustang restoration parts are interested in authenticity and using make/model specific parts. It just strikes me as counter intuitive for such a company to support a build that intentionally bastardizes the very car that they sell restoration parts for.

I think they are producing exactly what customers are screaming for. From a business stand point this is a win/win. Like it or not lots of people are dropping this motor into plenty of ford cars and this makes it that much easier.

What do you mean by "lots"? 2% of the Fox body population? 1%?

For every one guy who drops an LS into a Ford, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of dudes building up Ford-based junk for their cars. The LS swap thing is just HUGELY publicized, don't mistake that for popularity. (Reminds me about a Hot Rod Magazine rant I considered making a thread about recently...)

That's not to say they won't make any money selling LS swap parts, but I seriously doubt it would account for any significant proportion of their business.

Nah, not taking it personally at all. I don't see it as a slam on me, more like just a slap in the face for the Ford engine hobbyists/community in general.

What do you mean by "lots"? 2% of the Fox body population? 1%?

For every one guy who drops an LS into a Ford, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of dudes building up Ford-based junk for their cars. The LS swap thing is just HUGELY publicized, don't mistake that for popularity. (Reminds me about a Hot Rod Magazine rant I considered making a thread about recently...)

That's not to say they won't make any money selling LS swap parts, but I seriously doubt it would account for any significant proportion of their business.
Very similar to the gay community. Its what, documented 3% yet they seem as though it makes up 50% of the population due to the publicity they receive. Same concept, I agree it has to be very few who do this in relative terms to the overall Mustang hobby.

Lots of people that want to haul ass in the 1/4 do sbc swaps. Been happening for decades. Not to say it can't happen with a ford engine, but here is a plug and play piece that will allow a guy to put in an ls engine. I am not promoting one over the other because I truly do not care. Fast is fast no matter what is under the hood. I wouldn't let this bother you, and I definitly wouldn't black ball LRS for it.

What i think is funny is that if i showed up at any one of your houses, with that car, and didnt open the hood, said lets go for a ride, and beat the snots out of it, you would think the car hauls ass and is a bad ride, but then if i told you it had a LSx under the hood, you would hate the car? That kind of logic to me dosent make any sense

What i think is funny is that if i showed up at any one of your houses, with that car, and didnt open the hood, said lets go for a ride, and beat the snots out of it, you would think the car hauls ass and is a bad ride, but then if i told you it had a LSx under the hood, you would hate the car? That kind of logic to me dosent make any sense

I am almost positive I would be able to hear the difference. And if you are inferring we don't enjoy speed then I think you're mistaken as well. I simply object to what I call bastardizing, or cross breeding if you will. Go back and look at my posts, I don't hate Chevy motors. I hate Chevy motors in Ford. I don't hate Ford, I hate Ford motors in Chevy. Simple logic from where I stand, regardless of whether or not you agree:nice:

Im just going to start swapping Mopar crates into foxbodies so there can be something to rant about other than LS swaps. Not saying im for it or against it, just tired of it filling up the message boards.