HI, All Need Help

If I can. Not being dickish here or sarcastic.

You have valid points. You will not know what you can accomplish unless you do try. You wont get an answer until you reach out. You wont know what is above your head until it literally is a brick wall stopping you.

What these men are saying without getting to the point is, You do not have a solid plan yet. All of our builds start at one place or another. Yours will not be any different. From all I read here, you have a great idea of what you want to do in the end. Lets pick a starting point.

Please start a "Progress Thread" Use mine in my signature for an example. In the first post I made, I have a running list of the Mods that are completed and the part numbers that I used. I also have pictures along the way. We can help you as much along the way as our abilities allow.

In your second post in that thread. Please post a plan of action where we can see the direction by reading, Edit it as much as you need to get it into a specific order checklist of what will come after the current item is checked off.

suggestion: That Transmission is a major issue and can be addressed more sooner than later.

Also: We joke with Mike a lot. But in reality we all know what he will bring to the table in his advice. He has a short fuse at times. He can be the great source of information that you need in some of this. Read his Progress Thread over and over. We all learn from what he does

• Sponsors (?)

If I can. Not being dickish here or sarcastic.

You have valid points. You will not know what you can accomplish unless you do try. You wont get an answer until you reach out. You wont know what is above your head until it literally is a brick wall stopping you.

What these men are saying without getting to the point is, You do not have a solid plan yet. All of our builds start at one place or another. Yours will not be any different. From all I read here, you have a great idea of what you want to do in the end. Lets pick a starting point.

Please start a "Progress Thread" Use mine in my signature for an example. In the first post I made, I have a running list of the Mods that are completed and the part numbers that I used. I also have pictures along the way. We can help you as much along the way as our abilities allow.

In your second post in that thread. Please post a plan of action where we can see the direction by reading, Edit it as much as you need to get it into a specific order checklist of what will come after the current item is checked off.

suggestion: That Transmission is a major issue and can be addressed more sooner than later.

Also: We joke with Mike a lot. But in reality we all know what he will bring to the table in his advice. He has a short fuse at times. He can be a great source of information that you need in some of this. Read his Progress Thread over and over. We all learn from what he does
Will Do.

The trans only needs a bushing and seal. I have already ordered the replacements along with full-length frame connectors. I scored a mechanic that is going to help me with my mods.

Reactions: 1 users
Also: We joke with Mike a lot. But in reality we all know what he will bring to the table in his advice. He has a short fuse at times. He can be the great source of information that you need in some of this. Read his Progress Thread over and over. We all learn from what he does
[/QUOTE]

I may be new to this hobby, but I am far from a noob.

Mike is going to help me whether he directly responds to me or not. He has far too many posts for me to learn from. I just want to clear the air with him, first. He can ignore me after that.

"I already started on weight reduction A/C delete, Smog Delete Rear Seat delete and after watching this video series from Warhorse Racing, I'm planning on swapping my front and rear bumper for even more weight reduction."

Are you building a race car?
If not, you are off to a bad start.
Weight reduction will net you pretty much nothing in a street car, other than devaluing the car.
Don't throw out any of those parts, because when you come to your sense's, you are going to have to put them back in.

I've done some of those things (then undid them), they are dumb.
If you do your best, maybe you could shed 100lbs. That's .1 in the quarter mile. Or essentially nothing.
It's already a light car by modern standards.

You also need to work on your awareness.
You first post makes you sound immature to say the least.
Understand your audience here, foxbody's are old cars at this point, owned generally by middle age men not high school kids grudge racing 100hp Hondas.
Would you walk up to a bunch of 40 year old guys at a car show and talk that way?

Believe it or not, some of the aggression towards you is actually for your own good and the good of the car.

I get the feeling that you are impulsive, that's not good in the automotive world.
Leaves your wallet empty and your car rotting in the driveway.

Put together a plan and a budget.
A real plan with reasonable goals.

That IRS you are into?
That's 5 lug wheels and tires, brake conversion and labor.
Probably a $5000+ ordeal when it's done.
And anyone sensible does not take a single thing apart until they have every piece of the puzzle.

"I already started on weight reduction A/C delete, Smog Delete Rear Seat delete and after watching this video series from Warhorse Racing, I'm planning on swapping my front and rear bumper for even more weight reduction."

Are you building a race car?
If not, you are off to a bad start.
Weight reduction will net you pretty much nothing in a street car, other than devaluing the car.
Don't throw out any of those parts, because when you come to your sense's, you are going to have to put them back in.

I've done some of those things (then undid them), they are dumb.
If you do your best, maybe you could shed 100lbs. That's .1 in the quarter mile. Or essentially nothing.
It's already a light car by modern standards.

You also need to work on your awareness.
You first post makes you sound immature to say the least.
Understand your audience here, foxbody's are old cars at this point, owned generally by middle age men not high school kids grudge racing 100hp Hondas.
Would you walk up to a bunch of 40 year old guys at a car show and talk that way?

Believe it or not, some of the aggression towards you is actually for your own good and the good of the car.

I get the feeling that you are impulsive, that's not good in the automotive world.
Leaves your wallet empty and your car rotting in the driveway.

Put together a plan and a budget.
A real plan with reasonable goals.

That IRS you are into?
That's 5 lug wheels and tires, brake conversion and labor.
Probably a $5000+ ordeal when it's done.
And anyone sensible does not take a single thing apart until they have every piece of the puzzle.
I plan on building a car for me. Hope that helps.

Oh, and your comment about "If you quit you quit isn't any skin off your backs" Is careless and short-minded. You don't what ally I could be.

My comment isn't careless nor short-minded. Coming in with a title like you did basically makes it sound like you think you're the center of the universe, and your quoted reply does as well. Like I said, it's not our problem. It's not our car, our project, our time (except for posts here....), or our money. That's all on you. And with your reply you helped solidify that assessment. I can only guess you meant to type "You don't know what kind of ally [you] could be."??? Here's the thing, we've gotten along well without you, we'll get along well without you. Your level of self importance is astounding. Especially coming in saying you have no car building experience and expect to "joke" in that way with one of the top fabricators on these boards.

We are all a wealth of information and I'm sure you are too in your own way. I'd suggest coming in with a different angle.

My comment isn't careless nor short-minded. Coming in with a title like you did basically makes it sound like you think you're the center of the universe, and your quoted reply does as well. Like I said, it's not our problem. It's not our car, our project, our time (except for posts here....), or our money. That's all on you. And with your reply you helped solidify that assessment. I can only guess you meant to type "You don't know what kind of ally [you] could be."??? Here's the thing, we've gotten along well without you, we'll get along well without you. Your level of self importance is astounding. Especially coming in saying you have no car building experience and expect to "joke" in that way with one of the top fabricators on these boards.

We are all a wealth of information and I'm sure you are too in your own way. I'd suggest coming in with a different angle.

Okay,

So, how do I get passed this?

Would you like for me to change the title? It wouldn't change my skill level or the lack of knowledge.

Would apologizing multiple times for making a bad title help?

Tell me what I need to do that I haven't already done to get past this?

We have all been on here a LONG time. A good start to get past this? Talk to us like you are talking to a cop and trying to get out of a speeding ticket.......humble yourself down a little.

Chris

Reactions: 1 user
MIke...

I rubbed you the wrong way and by that, I ask for your forgiveness. However, the title was a way to grab attention. Worked very well, I think.

But, seriously, you took that and ran with it without finding anything out about me. As I stated, I honestly thought you were playing with me. I have the text messages to prove it.

I didn't come here to make enemies. I came here to get advice.

Now, I have to say this, man... No one started out as an expert, but the graveyards are filled with shattered dreams and would have been greats. Your way doesn't work! Trust me! I know... You can't go off half-cocked shoot from the hip and expect good results.

I've read your posts and you seem to be a fountion of information. If I didn't dig, I'd think you were just some grumpy old man who's pissed off his dick doesn't get hard anymore and want to ruin everyone's day. But, I did dig and see that may not be the case.

Maybe you did take my title and dry humor the wrong way, but you didn't take one second to find out. "MY ADVICE... QUIT!" Your words, not mine! But, it wouldn't be any skin off your backs????

Look, I can throw blows too, but I need your help! I'm saying it out plain.

I did NOT mean to rub you or anyone the wrong way and if you insist on writing me off, then please do so and let those who want to help me, help me.
I'm going forward with this project and can use all the help I can get.
You’ve cleared the air, everybody can take 5 and cool out, and Thats fine by me. You will have to do something with your obvious problem with what you think is old.
I don’t know your age, but I’ll tell you this: If you aren’t 30 yet, you are in the minority. As stated, the Average age is probably closer to 40. So tread lightly on the “old man” rhetoric. When I know I’m being joked around with, that’s one thing, but in any other context, it’s just obnoxious behavior, and that can be taken as rude. ( And now you know how I reply to rude). Whatever text messages you have received are not from me, so I don’t know where you’d get the idea I knew you were kidding.

Now....all that aside......Talk is just that.
A few.........uhhh.......*guidelines* to better get what you’re looking for out of this place:

You’ll gain a lot more insight and advice from the progress you make after you take the advice/criticism you are given when you ask for it By laying out a “ realistic” plan. There’s always the guy that gets on here, asks a question, or states a ridiculous intention, then gets told by more than a few that he’s getting ready to step into a pile of dog sht if he proceeds down the path. And despite the advice he’s been given, goes right out and jumps up and down in the steaming pile.
The quickest way to get banned I’m thinking...Because after you’re told that your “ plan A” is dangerous, you put your head down, post a “ I’m doing it anyway” title edit, and then start lashing out at the people that are frustrated with you because you came on here back in day one......asking for advice.
There’s something to actually be gained by laying out your plan in small bite sized chunks that compliment the grand plan. It also makes sense that what you do doesn’t end up as wasted money effort. ( i.e. spending good money on a set of headers when it’s your plan to add a turbo)
You need to asses your skill set, your money, your tools, time frame and workspace. If any of that is lacking, you better plan on a long while, or spending a lot more money when you decide to pay somebody to install something that you planned to do yourself, but were too scared to lay under the car to do.

That’s it. I’ll leave this alone now..it’ll be entirely on you now. If this goes north or south it’ll be all you.

Reactions: 2 users
We have all been on here a LONG time. A good start to get past this? Talk to us like you are talking to a cop and trying to get out of a speeding ticket.......humble yourself down a little.

Chris
Chris,

With all due respect, I've already done that. I have explained it was a misunderstanding twice over. I have humbled myself as well. I apologized to Mike and others.

At this point, they just don't want to let it go.

I just can't believe a title would piss so many off.

btw,

I'm 38. Married with 2 boys.

Drive a box truck for a living and play it straight. I have the cleanest record you could find. I've never even got a Speeding Ticket.

I am NOT one of these kids driving around doing donuts in the middle of a residential street.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Drive a box truck for a living and play it straight. I have the cleanest record you could find. I've never even got a Speeding Ticket.

I am NOT one of these kids driving around doing donuts in the middle of a residential street.

Don't do the on3 turbo.......this statement will no longer hold true...... :cool: :rock:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so lets move forward now that things have cooled down a bit.

so whats the plan? we understand from your statements that the IRS is not yet available to you.. for obvious reasons with the way things are right now. That will make the car 5 lug, so lets help him get a list together for the swap then. What will he need to get the front of the car setup for the kind of build that he is planning? A link to the right location to do some self research is in order.