Honest dealers do exist ( I guess)

Beergoggles

Mar 30, 2005
After ordering my black vert in November 04 I FINALLY got the car into the dealership last week and closed on the sale withing one hour of arrival.
Good thing I did.
I found out today after a BS session with the salesguy I worked with that when the car hit the distro point a mini bidding war erupted. When it got to my dealer ANOTHER dealership was hounding the GM to sell it right back to them --full MSRP no questions asked. In other words even the dealer would eat his invoice amount. :D
They said no they ALREADY had the car sold, :nice: in which case the irate GM who had a buyer sitting there with pen in hand said he'd pay a grand over invoice just send the damn car down to him. :bang:
They said no --and without a written contract struck to the terms of our original deal, including the trade-in allowance. :banana:
They told me the damn car is so fcking HOT right now if I wanted to they'd buy it back even with 500 miles on her at my full price plus another grand for time and trouble. I could then order an 06 and get back in the line and wait.
No thanks. :lock:
They then get a black vert in off the truck within the hour the owners kid walks in and before they can even get the sticker on her he grabs the keys from dad and heads off into the sunset --mail the paperwork to him at his college dorm, please.
They are 30K over there sales quota for the balance of the year the GT's are still coming out but most are spoken for or you are seeing these outrageous markups because they KNOW they can get them right now -- if you no have custom order in you gonna wait LONG time bro. Or custom order an '06, but put $$$ down and get something in writing because this is just crazy.
I'd like to see somebody take their new GT off the lot and throw her butt on Ebay --bidding starts at invoice cost plus tax.
I may send a bottle of good Scotch over to the guy who closed my deal --I think they earned it.

• Sponsors (?)