How to identify fox body fenders?

I need to replace a fender on my 92 fox (GT). I am going to grab a used one from another board I frequent. But I want to make sure that I am getting the right one. From what I understand Ford changed fender size slightly in 1990 to allow for the new 16in pony wheel. Is this true? If so how can I make sure I am getting the proper fender without trial and error? Are there some markings or somethign I can look for? Please Help.

• Sponsors (?)

91-93

View attachment 482267

View attachment 482269

79-90

88_MustangMagicGT_Pic.jpg

Attachments

• 88_MustangMagicGT_Pic.jpg
    88_MustangMagicGT_Pic.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 39,482
WOW that is a big diff..So are there any markings on the inside of the fender to recognize? I would have to bring a 87 fender to see the diff. Or maybe if possible could you shoot me a measurement? Then I could take a tape measure with me.

LOL....dude your screenname is Soylent Green......I remember that movie..Pretty damn funny movie although it was intentional...."Soylent Green is Humans..."

Yeah I'll try to remember to do that when I get home ;) I still have the old fender.

I'll write it on my wrist so when I look at my watch I won't forget lol :)

Also I can eye ball it, so anyone should be able to. If the front part of the well shoots straight down and is wider it's older, if it tapers toward the bumper and is skinnier it's newer (the picture up there lies, the 91+ is more narrow in front although it looks the complete opposite)