How To Remove Blower Belt?

FastSVO

Founding Member
Jun 28, 1999
Los Angeles
Hi folks I have a Vortech s trim on a 1991 Fox body and I have never removed the blower belt before. Would like to know what's the best approach and any tips of possible. Also, what do I have to do to get the correct tension when I replace the belt?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

loosen the adjusting bolt on the vortech tensioner bracket. That is also how you achieve the proper tension.- you will see a hole to stick a rachet handle in,, Anderson motorsports sells a nice adjuster that you can simply tghten down on a bolt. Here is a picture of the tensioner bracket with the bolt to loosen to remove the belt, the hole for the ratchet and the anderson part.

yhst-92153228948115_2266_170622353.gif

loosen the adjusting bolt on the vortech tensioner bracket. That is also how you achieve the proper tension.- you will see a hole to stick a rachet handle in,, Anderson motorsports sells a nice adjuster that you can simply tghten down on a bolt. Here is a picture of the tensioner bracket with the bolt to loosen to remove the belt, the hole for the ratchet and the anderson part.

yhst-92153228948115_2266_170622353.gif

Interesting. Mike, I dont have that bolt style tensioner on my S trim setup. Just the flat brackets where I pry and tighten bolts to hold it in place. It's a narrow fit so I had to sacrifice a wrench to the grinder and make it narrower to fit in there.

Interesting. Mike, I dont have that bolt style tensioner on my S trim setup. Just the flat brackets where I pry and tighten bolts to hold it in place. It's a narrow fit so I had to sacrifice a wrench to the grinder and make it narrower to fit in there.
Yes, same here. My brackets do not have the holes for the rachet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk