I Am A Homeless Man

Well boys I am cashing out of North Idaho and going back to Northen Indiana to be closer to my folks. The market here (like many other places ) is still way up and I should be able to be mortgage free once all is said and done.

Man I will miss this house and the area is beautiful but it is time to take my payout and go

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My folks are in Chesterton area ( porter to be exact) , Thay have gifted me 5 acres of the 20 they have. If the numbers make sense I may build there but I am concerned on pricing of extending services out there. ( well, electric, septic and I would hope gas)

Reactions: 1 user
Holy moly $550,000? Didn't realize Idaho was so expensive. Where at in Northern IN? I'm in Lafayette.

You don’t want to even know what that house would likely cost in MA.

I keep telling my wife when the kids are done with school, we are cashing out and relocating somewhere much cheaper with better weather.

You don’t want to even know what that house would likely cost in MA.

I keep telling my wife when the kids are done with school, we are cashing out and relocating somewhere much cheaper with better weather.
You better hurry... America is running out of cheaper places to live.... The cash outs come in and run the property values AND the Property taxes sky high..

If it has "better weather" chances are it is not much cheaper.
If you can put up with a little winter, there are a lot of places that have much cheaper real estate available.
Those places are usually not as impacted by "diversity" which means low crime, safer communities. That is priceless.
Obviously, I am not talking about any big cities in colder climates. I am talking about rural areas and communities, usually smaller than 20K people.
Do I miss ordering something by 9:30 a.m. from Amazon and having it delivered by 3:00 p.m. same day? Yes, sometimes, but I don't miss the traffic, the noise, the prices, the crime ect.

• Agree
Cheaper is relative. Couple months ago, a home right up the street from me was purchased for ~$500k and promptly torn down. It was a dump. $500k would buy a very nice house in most parts of the country even with this inflated market.

Reactions: 1 user
5 years ago we bought a property here in Maine. Built in 2004, it is 4,200 sq/ft. 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath. Has a Large 4 car garage. Is on 8.62 Acres. Closest neighbor is 300' away. It went for $355K.
Current value is $485K
Compared to what we had in the Seattle area?
1/4 acre lot, 2,200 sq/ft home with 3 bedroom 2.5 bath and small 3 car garage. Neighbors within 55' or less on each side. It sold for $480K in 2018.
Even at today's prices this is a bargain. By far.
The "inconvenience" of living here is far offset by the quality of life.
Constitutional Carry State. 94% White. Although that is changing with Xiden shipping illegals into the State this year.
I like my chances.

5 years ago we bought a property here in Maine. Built in 2004, it is 4,200 sq/ft. 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath. Has a Large 4 car garage. Is on 8.62 Acres. Closest neighbor is 300' away. It went for $355K.
Current value is $485K
Compared to what we had in the Seattle area?
1/4 acre lot, 2,200 sq/ft home with 3 bedroom 2.5 bath and small 3 car garage. Neighbors within 55' or less on each side. It sold for $480K in 2018.
Even at today's prices this is a bargain. By far.
The "inconvenience" of living here is far offset by the quality of life.
Constitutional Carry State. 94% White. Although that is changing with Xiden shipping illegals into the State this year.
I like my chances.
Wow, at that price for all that, I may learn to deal with the cold winter!

cept i owe 108 and the damn fees, but 420K+ will go pretty far in Indiana
Are you sure? A few of my friends and I have been looking at properties in Tennessee to escape the ZOO Florida has become... We have seen properties go up over 200K in less than a year.... The Californians have invaded and run up the prices, Just like they did in Oregon, IDAHO, Washington.... Lets not forget poor ole Austin TX......

Last edited:
We are seeing tags on cars from California, Illinois, Colorado, Oregon, and a few others here in the Tulsa, OK area and the cost to buy or build has doubled. This county and the two that Oklahoma City comprise of went blue on the last election so they are comfortable in either place. Oklahoma does not have what you would call a high average income per family so they are effectively driving the working class people out of these areas. I am not retiring here at all. Will be moving back down the Texas Gulf Coast when the time comes. At least I can get back to off shore fishing down there and I like the mild winters.