I have started my restoration

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
today while in springfeild i bought some wheels. and a rear wing.

i was thinking of convertion my 4 eyes mustang to look like a 87-93 mustang?

my question to you guys is can it be done.

it looks like all i would need is the front bumper,hood,headlights and thats it? or do need to front fenders?

has anyone done this before?

i have decided to go with the blue of 87ttopstangs car the pearl blue or watever its called. so what do you think about this combo

what do you think for the wheels? blakc with a chrome lip?

or just silver with a chrome lip?

• Sponsors (?)

***NEVER*** convert a 4 eye to an 87-93 front end! It is considered CRIMINAL in the eyes of Mustang owners everywhere!
Your body style is getting quite rare. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!
Seriously - if you want a 87-93 front end - buy a 87-93 car.

aaron11272 said:
***NEVER*** convert a 4 eye to an 87-93 front end! It is considered CRIMINAL in the eyes of Mustang owners everywhere!
Seriousely - if you want a 87-93 front end - buy a 87-93 car.

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!! You better not ruin that car!!

smokin91' said:
Id say do it, I think the 86 and earlier cars look awsome with a 87-93 front end. To each his own.

then it will look like your everyday LX vert. Just with the different interior...which i think should be your main concern in converting....like to black, or maybe newer, if you like plastic and rattles, and other vibrating noises

I'm going to try to find some 93 cobra seats. I'm buying a replacement carpet in black and black top then a new dash insert. maybe some built stuff too....

so you think i should keep the front end how it is?

i also bought some Sony speakers too from best buy because my speakers sound like crap.

Yes - leave your front end alone. Like I said earlier, yours is getting pretty rare, and there is nothing wrong with the way it looks. Here are a few pics of what your car could look like with a little work...
View attachment 466657
2162065_4_full.jpg

631414_2_full.jpg

lg_1983MustangGT-lg.jpg

aaron11272 said:
Seriously - if you want a 87-93 front end - buy a 87-93 car.

Well since alot of people around here think its ok to put an LS1 in a stang i dont see the problem everyone has with switching front clips from an older mustang to one of a newer and in my opinion better looking one.

In the end it all comes down to what you like, so if you think you'd like it better with an 87-93 front end then go for it. Personally, if it were me i'd go for the 79-82 front end, they've always been my favorite of the 4-eyes.

Its your car man, if you want to do the 87-93 nose conversion, do it, who cares what everyone else says. It is YOUR car. In the end im sure it would look great and you could sell the old nose to everyone who thinks they are so great!

87GTSnake said:
Well since alot of people around here think its ok to put an LS1 in a stang i dont see the problem everyone has with switching front clips from an older mustang to one of a newer and in my opinion better looking one.

What are you TALKING about??? I seem to remember a LOT of flaming going on with that LS1 post!
I'm sure 95% of people here and other Mustang forums would agree with me. Don't mess with your front end.
BTW - nice wheels! :nice:

aaron11272 said:
What are you TALKING about??? I seem to remember a LOT of flaming going on with that LS1 post!
I'm sure 95% of people here and other Mustang forums would agree with me. Don't mess with your front end.
BTW - nice wheels! :nice:

lol.. i believe 87GT had the best point in here.. thats fugin bull about the flaming.. maybe 3 of 20 posts didnt like the ls1 post. Do it... nobody can tell you what to do with your car.. if they don't like it.. then leave the forums and never look back.. while cruisin in your stang...

Ironman92GT said:
lol.. i believe 87GT had the best point in here.. thats fugin bull about the flaming.. maybe 3 of 20 posts didnt like the ls1 post. Do it... nobody can tell you what to do with your car.. if they don't like it.. then leave the forums and never look back.. while cruisin in your stang...

Well for that matter - he may as well put decals all over the car, throw some 20" "dubs" on it, convert the front end and cap it off with a pink neon light kit - hey it's his car and it shouldn't matter....right???

What I am saying is people should keep the cars exterior as close to original as possible - with the exception of wheels and hood - if necessary. If he wants an 87-93 car, he should buy one.

aaron11272 said:
What I am saying is people should keep the cars exterior as close to original as possible - with the exception of wheels and hood - if necessary. If he wants an 87-93 car, he should buy one.

now that is a opinion.. not a fact.. hell if he wants 20's and pink neon lights then helll he can have em.. i dont give a damn lol if you are familiar with the older first gen stangs.. you'd understang retro/nostalgic/custom each having there own meaning obviously.. if you like your cars ext stock.. then you do it that way.. if he wants a custom type car, although you cant call it custom, then he can do it.. its all abotu your taste.. sleeper or a wicked looking stang.. its preference man