I just reopened my FB account....then remembered why I closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Well I just wanted to see what was out there of the FB marketplace as far as car parts, so I went ahead and logged back in to my account that had been dormant for ~10 years. Here are my observations:

1. People are even more stupid than I thought they were.
2. Facebook groups are like HOAs, but even more tyrannical.
3. Facebook has absolutely nothing to offer than I need.

Reactions: 2 users
It's great entertainment however. Sometimes I see a thread and think to myself "Oh...these comments are going to be gold", and then they usually are.

There's a couple good, mature groups. And for the most part I've been using the marketplace to jump on some good deals on parts lately.

I try, try, TRY to not post on there, but sometimes I do and sometimes I've been recognized.

Reactions: 1 user
That's the thing with me.
I don't want to be 'recognised '
Gunfire may erupt

SOme guys just create a generic page with the name "Foxbody General" or something like that with a profile pic of a wheel, and then they are free to complain about everyone's cars without ramification. I try not to get into too many arguments on there because then people dig into your profile and start stalking you to find something to one-up you on. Everyone seems to have an ego and think they are always 100% right. Correct them and they will find a way to make you regret it. It's why there is SOOO much bad information on there.

I upgrade every 2 years, had the Xs and unfortunately my wife some how lost my phone in it’s waterproof protector with my debit card, license, along with hers, her dads and brother license when we were floating the river this weekend lol :fuss: and I only had till September to finish paying it off and trade for the new 12 or whatever it will be called. So I had to pick up this iPhone SE 2020 bc I didn’t want something where Crazy bc I know I’ll be trading it in once September comes around so I’ll trade this thing in and pay idk 150 bucks to buy out this phone. Can’t believe you Had a 6 still! My dad had a 4 and mom had the 5!! I got them to finally upgrade and they got some deal that gave them 8s and they love it.
I just replaced my 1st gen SE with a SE 2020. It was cheaper on promo than another new battery for my old SE. it’s going to be a GPS speedometer, compass, and iPod. With some industrial Velcro, there is a good spot on the 91 dash.

I upgrade every 2 years, had the Xs and unfortunately my wife some how lost my phone in it’s waterproof protector with my debit card, license, along with hers, her dads and brother license when we were floating the river this weekend lol :fuss: and I only had till September to finish paying it off and trade for the new 12 or whatever it will be called. So I had to pick up this iPhone SE 2020 bc I didn’t want something where Crazy bc I know I’ll be trading it in once September comes around so I’ll trade this thing in and pay idk 150 bucks to buy out this phone. Can’t believe you Had a 6 still! My dad had a 4 and mom had the 5!! I got them to finally upgrade and they got some deal that gave them 8s and they love it.

Oh yeah, I forgot this thread was where I discovered what a dinosaur my old iPhone 6 was.

ANyway, I never updated, but I did end up getting a new iPhone Pro Max. This thing takes incredible pics.

I ditched my FB years ago. I never even thought twice about going back. I never had any other social media platform to even worry about ditching, which I'm sure I would have done.

There is some good that comes from it in local community groups though. Many times, lost pets find their way home through communication between members of local groups. I like that part of FB so I cant totally condemn it.

FB- where 90% of the benchracers don't even have a car , and the three questions asked over and over

What's the biggest cam I can put in my stock car. I want to hear the chop
What's the biggest tires I can put on the back rims cause RACECAR
Will installing a 160 degree thermostat make my car stop overheating

Most of the mods are nazi's who just delete posts of guys they dont like, or if you are selling parts and so is their friends, well... you get ban hammered

Regarding the groups that buy and sell parts and cars. They are replete with crooks who never ship parts, or sell broken or misrepresent what they are selling, Everyone wants you to pay via Paypal as a "friend" lol yeah ok. They alll think their GT40 EXPLORER intakes are GT40 worth $300 and the real GT40 are worth $700. But when they want to buy something offer you 50% what you are selling it for. Most selling cars are selling rust buckets, hacked up, or pieced together.

I tried to sell some parts but stopped because it wasn't worth the aggravation. Idiots wanting me to deliver the parts, meet them halfway, or take checks. YAH OK

Overall, it's what you'd expect from Snowflake, BLM, woke, Social Justice warriors. Like living in NYC or San Fan Fisco.

Oh and btw, if you think for a second they aren't capturing every bit of your PII- overtly or covertly- and selling it- you are a fool.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.