I just reopened my FB account....then remembered why I closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Oh My GOD!

it's like a bad acid trip. What a :leghump:in monumental waste of time.
I spend too much time doing stupid sht here, but when it comes to FB, you get to have an opinion about everything....And with every opinion..there are dozens of people that either like, or dont like what you have to say.

I shut that sht off.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Don't reply - if I think a post is going to get strong opinions and isn't related to motoring of some kind, I typically just leave it.

There are some good automative-related groups, especially for parts. Find them and stick to them.

Stop scrolling after a page or 2, or it will suck your life away.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys are reminding me why I never opened one!! Thank you!
.....and the wife keeps me posted on the family news through hers, so I feel like I don’t miss anything there!

Reactions: 1 users
You have to learn to scroll quickly. Your scroll speed has a direct relation with your blood pressure. If I didn't have a facebook account, I would have no idea what is going on at work.

Kurt

I use it for my parents and extended family to see pics of my kids, and general info we have going on. I am a part of a Fox group, but I just look at the pics of the cars. Stay away from comments, just like on UTube.

• Happy
I use it for my parents and extended family to see pics of my kids, and general info we have going on. I am a part of a Fox group, but I just look at the pics of the cars. Stay away from comments, just like on UTube.

The SVT Performance and 03/04 Terminator groups plus various Fox body part,s ZX14, and V-MAX groups are worth it. Otherwise, I ignore most of it. I pretty much never scroll through the home page and just hit the groups.

You could always TIG weld up that newly found oil leak on the custom Monster Pan :suicide:

My facebook is used just for extended family to see the kids.
I added some of the mustang groups for parts, but it’s ridiculous especially if you are selling something.

CC5473BA-867C-4957-9B63-0CAF8831D9F1.jpeg
Heaven forbid you try to help with a technical issue.

It's at least useful for the marketplace function. Craigslist is getting ridiculous. I posted some items for sale there the other day and was contacted by two scammers within minutes of the ads going live.

Just opened one a week ago. Have no idea how to use it. Not sure I want to know how to use it. I do not see the attraction at all. I also do not read what people say on there.

It makes you feel better about yourself when you re connect with all the people you knew from high school, and you realize how many of them have become miserable failures.

Kurt

Reactions: 2 users
I think I've said this here before, it's a love/hate relationship. I use it to keep up with friends and family back home and will occasionally browse marketplace, but that's about the extent of it. I quit the few groups I was in as their political opinions kept creeping in. I've had to unfollow some friends for the same although their leanings consumed their postings. And let's not get started on the censorship they've employed and how they data mine your internet usage. I hate what it's become, but I love the ease of communication with everyone I want to keep in contact with. :shrug:

On a positive note, I finally sold my camper through marketplace - Facebook has it's uses....

Status
Not open for further replies.