I Remember Why I Like A Fox

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
Not a fox but figured I would pass this along since we have all looked at getting a new Mustang.

Now a while back I posted about getting an upgrade to Performance Pack 2017.

Well after only driving it 1000 miles on the car in past couple months. I have ran it through the car wash (touchless) a few times and got around to waxing it by hand.

Lone behold a bunch of rock chips. On the hood and above the passenger window.

Called Ford and they said they do not cover rock chips but now if there was trash in the paint.

Well turns out there is a bunch of trash in the paint as well.
IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5880.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG
IMG_5883.JPG
IMG_5885.JPG
IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

Ford has escalated this now because there is trash in the paint all over the car. :(

@Davedacarpainter

A side note
Foxbody runs like a champ and now the DD
IMG_5773.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The car looks great walking by. However when I found the chips and hand washed it. I found about 7 places that snagged the microfiber. I called the dealership around 800 miles and said i had a few chips and wanted to show them.

Here are the two on the hood
IMG_5910.jpg

Finally got a chance this week. The one dumba$$ salesman kept trying to scratch the chip on the roof with finger :mad::dammit::chair:.

The service manager was very helpful though, but I politely told scratch mic scratchersion to get away from my car.

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

I mean it looks great far away though, but im afraid to drive the car because of chips now.

Btw, the notch looks like it could use some love......... and I'm not talking about the kind you give a hooker. I'm talkin some tender love and care.
Now didn't your moma teach you it's what on the inside that counts. Haha jk

Nah she is good just needs to be resealed with satin black and some flat clear. She hit a high 13 the other day 1/4 and is averaging 23 mpg. :rock:

Reactions: 2 users
Damn bro, I'm sorry. This is why I daily drive a big truck. I looked at a17 in that dark gray color before I bought my fox. I was super pleased with the paint that was on that car.

Hopefully Ford makes it right. The other Race Red one I drove had more trash in its paint believe it or not. found this one and I didnt see anything at first. But as you can see, I missed some things.:cry:

Such a shame. The paint on my '14 Taurus is actually pretty decent. Wonder how that got past QA because those are some pretty bad runs
See i was thinking the same thing for 35k car. My 14 Escape and 15 Focus paint were spot on. Like i said it may be a Race Red thing, because the black accent package GT i drove for a week had large piece of trash in the paint on the quarter panel.

This one seems to be around the windshields under the hood and trunk lid/ jambs. The chips are what caused me to look closer.

I'm at the point I don't want a respray, just give me a different color one and call it square....wishful thinking.

Btw those aren't runs but chunks of trash smh.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the new era of Ford paint. Both my 07 and 11 trucks had/have thin orange peeled paint, as does the stang (which chips and then flakes off insanely easily on the aluminum hood).

Paint work from the American manufacturers has gone downhill in the past few years.

I somewhat understand it though. Ford, as well as the other manufacturers do quality assurance inspections. They got crazy on them 15-20 years ago. When a flaw was detected, the vehicle was pulled to the side, the blemish sanded smooth and run through the paint process again.

This lead to me stripping a number of new vehicles back then. I remember one F150 at the time that had received seven paint jobs.

What they do now is if the blemish (like your dirt) is considered to be negligible, they'll ship it to the dealers with the premise being the dealers will nib and buff the dirt out.

That "should" have been done to your mustang.

I work at a dodge dealership and see dirt on practically every new car or truck we receive.

The dealership has a team that preps the cars to be delivered. One of their jobs is to remove those dirt nibs.

I'd go back to the dealer and tell them you want this taken care of.

If you want to do it yourself, it's the same process as you would do for nibs in any paint job. Though that one by the glass is fairly large, you might cut through the clear and base trying to remove it. Maybe you ought to let the dealer handle it. If they cut through, they have to fix it..

Btw, the notch looks like it could use some love......... and I'm not talking about the kind you give a hooker. I'm talkin some tender love and care.

And why wouldn't you give a hooker tender love and care...hookers are peeps too man, they have feelings....probably just want to cuddle...i bet they have a cuddle rate if you ask. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
A few decades ago I was on tour of the Ford assembly plant in Mahwah NJ.Saw many brand new cars with damage some minor ,some not. What really got me is how these- just born cars- were driven off the Assy. line....Lets just say they didn't follow the 'break-in' directions that the owners were to follow.

Paint work from the American manufacturers has gone downhill in the past few years.

I somewhat understand it though. Ford, as well as the other manufacturers do quality assurance inspections. They got crazy on them 15-20 years ago. When a flaw was detected, the vehicle was pulled to the side, the blemish sanded smooth and run through the paint process again.

This lead to me stripping a number of new vehicles back then. I remember one F150 at the time that had received seven paint jobs.

What they do now is if the blemish (like your dirt) is considered to be negligible, they'll ship it to the dealers with the premise being the dealers will nib and buff the dirt out.

That "should" have been done to your mustang.

I work at a dodge dealership and see dirt on practically every new car or truck we receive.

The dealership has a team that preps the cars to be delivered. One of their jobs is to remove those dirt nibs.

I'd go back to the dealer and tell them you want this taken care of.

If you want to do it yourself, it's the same process as you would do for nibs in any paint job. Though that one by the glass is fairly large, you might cut through the clear and base trying to remove it. Maybe you ought to let the dealer handle it. If they cut through, they have to fix it..

I took it to the dealership and they are talking with Ford. I wouldn't tackle the paint myself nor should I on a new car (just my opinion). Around the windows and trunk is a lot of trash. I'm not seeing away around them not taking out the windshield.

My concern is why the heck is it chipping so dam easy. I looked at the Chipdoctor kit (clean, glob, smear and wipe) it has a leveler and seems to good to be true.

Like I said should I be comfortable with them doing a respray if they take that route?

I took it to the dealership and they are talking with Ford. I wouldn't tackle the paint myself nor should I on a new car (just my opinion). Around the windows and trunk is a lot of trash. I'm not seeing away around them not taking out the windshield.

My concern is why the heck is it chipping so dam easy. I looked at the Chipdoctor kit (clean, glob, smear and wipe) it has a leveler and seems to good to be true.

Like I said should I be comfortable with them doing a respray if they take that route?
Will that be considered accident damage when it come time for resale? If it will affect the value of the vehicle I would ask for a new one.

My concern is why the heck is it chipping so dam easy.

My previous Infiniti was like that. Paint was so soft and fragile they came out with that self-healing paint a few years later.

But when new, I used to get chips so easily that before the warranty was up the front end was starting to look gray instead of black.