I Remember Why I Like A Fox

There used to be people in charge of area dealerships, we called them factory reps or zone managers or just zones, they covered large areas and handeled complaints on warranty problems between the customer and the dealership and they worked for the manufacturer not the dealer, Dave may know if they still have them.

• Sponsors (?)

So they took the car back to the bodyshop for the for the second time to fix were they color sanding and left it. Also to address the metal spatter they just sprayed over.

They also scratched striaght to the metal on the trunk lid and have to fix it because we had documentation it wasn't there before they did the work.

Wait three days....phone call your call is ready. Did they fix the trunk? Ummm give me a couple of more days and we'll take it back.....third time to the bodyshop.

2 days later its ready. I go and look at it today....they didnt fix the trunk just used a touch up pen. And you can see the tape marks were the metal spatter was.

Told them i wouldn't accept the car back and they have a week before it falls under lemon law here in NC. They are contacting another bodyshop.

I never thought Ford would go for the lowest bidder for warranty work smh.

IMG_6431.jpg

I could get the tape line to show up good but you can kind of see.

IMG_6432.PNG

See if you can find their amazing touch up skills

Side nite they have an identical performance pack with much better paint on the lot.

IMG_6426.JPG

And this guy too
IMG_6421.JPG
IMG_6422.JPG

They are marking it up 25k on the sticker....ouch

Freaking butchers. It makes me sick to see that. I'm so sorry you got ripped.

USE the lemon law. Screw those bastards!
Its almost to that point. We actually spoke about that today because the dealership is doing everything in its power to get Ford to fix it.

However it seems Ford went for the lowest bidder. Luckily the lemon law goes against the manufacturer not the dealership.

Its almost to that point. We actually spoke about that today because the dealership is doing everything in its power to get Ford to fix it.

However it seems Ford went for the lowest bidder. Luckily the lemon law goes against the manufacturer not the dealership.
Sounds like the painter got your car on a Friday, sorry to hear that bro! If i'm going to commit to buying a $40k car, i'd want it to be perfect!

@Davedacarpainter Do you think the auto industry is still adjusting to water based paint? Or are the standards just circling the drain for auto mf'g?

Sounds like the painter got your car on a Friday, sorry to hear that bro! If i'm going to commit to buying a $40k car, i'd want it to be perfect!

@Davedacarpainter Do you think the auto industry is still adjusting to water based paint? Or are the standards just circling the drain for auto mf'g?
There's no big trick to water borne paints.

BTW, they're water borne, not water base. The base of the paint is still urethane. Water molecules are used as the medium to transfer the paint through the spray systems to the vehicle.

Here's the fun little kicker, it's only the base coat that is water borne. The primers, sealers, and clearcoats are all solvent based.

So, it's really a pathetic joke forced on the automotive industry. I suppose it cuts back slightly on the VOC level. But whomever uses it can claim that they're saving Mother Earth, or some other sort of bs.

Water borne base coat is not hard to shoot, just a bit of a PITA because you have to have blow driers in the booth to blow across the sprayed base coat to dry it between coats.

The problem he had with his mustang is a group of goat screwing morons that took no pride in there work.

Reactions: 3 users
There's no big trick to water borne paints.

BTW, they're water borne, not water base. The base of the paint is still urethane. Water molecules are used as the medium to transfer the paint through the spray systems to the vehicle.

Here's the fun little kicker, it's only the base coat that is water borne. The primers, sealers, and clearcoats are all solvent based.

So, it's really a pathetic joke forced on the automotive industry. I suppose it cuts back slightly on the VOC level. But whomever uses it can claim that they're saving Mother Earth, or some other sort of bs.

Water borne base coat is not hard to shoot, just a bit of a PITA because you have to have blow driers in the booth to blow across the sprayed base coat to dry it between coats.

The problem he had with his mustang is a group of goat screwing morons that took no pride in there work.
"Goat screwing morons" is the new name for my band, thanks Dave!

Reactions: 2 users
So not anything new. The new shop ( Shop B) did great on the bottom of the trunk where the old shop (Shop A) scratched when not removing the trash but trying smh. Then decided to use a touch up pen to cover their tracks...:(

I talked to the dealership and they said they will continue to proactively try to get Ford to fix it until Im happy but it seems we're at point now 4 trips to body shop and still visible trash throughout the paint.

I went to get my car with the trunk fixed and the other shop tried to blend the tape line but you can still see it if you look at it. They said they would be more than glad to go over the car but Ford has to approve it.

I decided after 3 weeks and 4 trips to take my car now until I can figure out if I should hire an attorney for Lemon Law due to fact they just do not want to fix the paint right because it requires removing the glass.

For some reason my car was filthy when i got there. They apologized due to the storms and winds here. Even though it was about to rain later, i took the car and detailed it.

To my suprise where Shop A colored sanded scuffed my A pillar near where they were doing removing the window trash.

So its going back AGAIN to fix that.

IMG_6474.JPG

IMG_6493.PNG

The last tid bit, right above were they removed trash around the window.

Left a pencil tip of trash above it.

IMG_6484.JPG

You just weren't meant to own and enjoy a brand new vehicle :nonono:

Guess not, but again it might just be in the eye of the beholder. If i had never done paint before i wouldnt of notice the little things.

Talked with attorney general office consumer affairs. They said submit a letter with requested lemon law to Ford and start there.

On a lighter note... old faithful doing DD
IMG_6501.JPG
IMG_6496.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Just got the final call today. We held off on the lemon law 30 day notice letter due to the dealership trying to work something out with Ford.

The rundown, they buffed the A pillar where the clear was scuffed and had light scratch by the repair work from the bodyshop.

They also removed that piece trash that was above the window.

Sounds great.....well they just used touch up paint to fill in the hole the trash left....why? Ford rejected to repair the area because bodyshop A got paid for the repair. So bodyshop B did what it could for free...along with buffing the clear.

Now when they returned the car to Ford the manager called me immediately saying there was a weird problem on the A pillar. He couldn't get a picture, heck i cant get one either. But it looks like a fingerprint under the clear in the paint.:mad::(

Ford says the only way to fix it is to spray and try to blend the almost entire side of the car due to the body lines.

Ford doesn't want that, I don't want that either and they were looking at maybe a trade incentive (for the other mustang on the lot) or car payments to compensate for it.

Went two weeks, dealership calling me almost everyday with no update.

Then today Ford says sorry not sorry. Either get it fixed that way or nothing. So phuck, SOL

I'm going to send the letter and wait to see. Its weird because the way they want to repair it isn't really a fix but a very elaborate bandaid in both of our eyes.

If they want to respray the car then they need to take out the back glass to fix the back area properly too.

Also where bodyshop A removed the trash from the inner passenger door ( i told them with they were going to color sand to leave it) the clear is hazed badly.

The trunk repair bodyshop B did looked great. However when i had to take the car back. I opened the trunk and the damage had returned, which they now believe bodyshop A jacked up the alignment cause it to scratch.

Not much of an update. :bang::crap:

IMG_6646.JPG

@Davedacarpainter

After i got the car back. There was this residue near my door handle and also near the back glass.

None of the regular car wash, QD, etc would get it off.

I used a fine claybar and it took it off but my question is: was this a dried buffing compound possibly? Also looked like a finger print.
IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6666.PNG

First off, let me say how sorry I am that I suggested that you take the car in for a warranty repair. I just can't believe the crap you are going through. I wish I could take care of it for you. Such a pretty car and a pretty color, I would've enjoyed working on it.

Dried compound is very difficult to remove. Use some isopropyl alcohol, that usually softens it up. Sounds like your clay bar treatment did the trick though. Did it remove all of the residue?

So you're saying you got it off the panel? Which panels did they paint exactly. Are those pictures of a factory paint job?

It does look like some sort of print.