I Remember Why I Like A Fox

I know it's not much of a consolation, but because of this thread I went over my lightning blue 2017 with a fine tooth comb before purchasing. It has some orange peel, but not too terrible.

I really do hope this works out for you.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

First off, let me say how sorry I am that I suggested that you take the car in for a warranty repair. I just can't believe the crap you are going through. I wish I could take care of it for you. Such a pretty car and a pretty color, I would've enjoyed working on it.

Dried compound is very difficult to remove. Use some isopropyl alcohol, that usually softens it up. Sounds like your clay bar treatment did the trick though. Did it remove all of the residue?

So you're saying you got it off the panel? Which panels did they paint exactly. Are those pictures of a factory paint job?

It does look like some sort of print.

I did get it off the panel with Mcguires Detailer with Clay bay kit. Those areas were not worked on.

I thought of isopropyl but figured the fine clay woukd do it.

The only area they painted from my knowledge is the under the trunk lid and there is was a tape line pictured above in post #45.

No clue how they removed the chunks of paint.

I know it's not much of a consolation, but because of this thread I went over my lightning blue 2017 with a fine tooth comb before purchasing. It has some orange peel, but not too terrible.

I really do hope this works out for you.

Good to hear, make sure you get a protectant coating for the hood and bumper....prone to chipping.

3Ms 1080 series.The cheapest price quote for painting (just the top) was $1,000 & a 6 week wait . The top needed NO bodywork at all. I said nuts ! Had the top wrapped by pros, picked the top up w/in 1/2 day. Cost = $200.00 .Color matched perfect.
010.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
"Removing dried compound"....... The directions on this product says.To apply more of this compound > http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g17216-ultimate-compound/
over the "dried" compound .Then remove it before it dries. I had a spot that got away from me (while using this product). I Followed the directions .And it worked.Might work for you.....I LOVE THIS PRODUCT !:hail2:

Noted, in this particular case I didn't know what it was (compound, glue, something else). Hence I used clay, but I'll member this for future instances. Thanks