I WANT A SMOOTHER RIDE IN MY FOX

Might be true of cheaper coilovers, buy my max motorsports coilovers are silent.

In fact the front end of my mustang with mm coil overs is quieter than my daily drivers front end

• Sponsors (?)

I can’t speak to ride quality on the maximum stuff yet, but fit and finish quality is excellent and customer service is even better. I don’t anticipate any abnormal noises from my setup. With everything automotive, you get what you pay for. I prefer to buy once, cry once. MM is a leading authority on mustang suspension so I designed my entire suspension on their recommendations and used their parts front and rear.

I used the Tokico shocks and struts from the 2001 Bullitt mustang in my 89 hatch. I bought them from Ford for $300 for the set in 2005 or so. Not sure if they're still available from Ford but they're still on there and work fine. I used Mac progressive rate springs but they have at least a one inch drop. I have no problems with bumpsteer and my car rides well. This combo was recommended to me by Joe DaSilva of J&P Racing in Toronto. It's a pretty low buck setup but I've got no complaints.

Last edited: