Xterminator03

Sep 23, 2004
NEW YORK
I'm tryin to get my car to idle properly. It Is idling at about 95kpa, afr is very rich and Everytime I lower the fuel demand it shuts off. It has large cam in it but I don't know the exact specs. All I know it was a nitrous build with a solid roller with close to a 600 lift.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What ECU are you running?

It sounds like you need to calibrate the MAP Sensor, because 100kPa is atmosphere. That would means you would be almost full throttle at idle.

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    768.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
If the timing is off [advanced or retarded] or the AFR is way off then the car will barely run. A tune file and a datalog of it doing this will be needed
A whole new problem. I fixed the timing. i set it to 20 fixed check the balancer adjusted the distributor so it shows 20 degrees. then switch back to use table. However the car is idling at around 2000 RPM. at first i adjusted the idle screw thinking that would help and it did not. In the process the car got very hot. So I stopped tomorrow I will check if the IAC is working properly possibly clean it. Hopefully that fixes the very hi ideal. I have attached the datalog and tune file.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Trying to Idel 2020-09-01_18.44.18.mlg
    462 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
i blocked off the IAC and that seems to fix the high idle. but the KPA is still high from what i seen on others. its around 60-70 . i added my tune files and a data log to see if anyone can help.

Attachments

• 2020-09-02_16.48.20 Blocked IAC.mlg
    529.6 KB · Views: 96
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 70