IM GOING TURBO

Edit: I just re-read your post...and it seems I may have mis-read it. If Hellion sources it's header builds from Bassani...then it's all good. They are not your standard header however...and really are just part of the kit itself.

Yes I meant the headers from the kit, which they source from Bassani. That was one of the main things he told me about when he grabbed the kit. No they are not the standard Bassani shorties, they are the ones designed for the Hellion set up, but yes I see what your saying.

If your worried about splitting the block, why spend tons of money on strokers, HCI, and turbo set ups? Why not buy a good block to start, and then build off that?

• Sponsors (?)

If your worried about splitting the block, why spend tons of money on strokers, HCI, and turbo set ups? Why not buy a good block to start, and then build off that?

Because many (myself included) don't have the patience to build a stout block up….we'd rather get the power first and upgrade everything else later. I myself opted for a decent h/c/I assembly as I was having issues lifting the gt40 heads under boost. I also wanted to run the lowest boost amounts possible while getting the best results…as it tends to be less stressful and more reliable.

Millhouse's setup is legit...DIY twin setups can be very effective. Using those two small turbos on a V8 car must make for one hell of a torque curve and almost non-existent lag. Must be a fun street car.

Everyone has their own vision for their car...most of us just cant justify something dart based for a weekend street car or even a DD like mine. I have been looking hard at the ponydown stage II kit...looks to be great quality.

With a combo like mine (mild gt-40 HCI, decent bottom end, and all the boltons) i think that 8 psi would put me right at the block limit...which i consider to be 425-450rwhp.

If you read into the article they turned the wick up to 16psi and made 531/643. That's no ****in joke with a stock motor. Turbo ftmfw. Just FYI, there's a lot of other really nice turbo kits out there with everything included, and a bigger turbo for around $3k.

My buddy was making almost identical numbers with a home built kit on an Explorer motor. He eventually ran 10.25 before he sold it.

Because many (myself included) don't have the patience to build a stout block up….we'd rather get the power first and upgrade everything else later. I myself opted for a decent h/c/I assembly as I was having issues lifting the gt40 heads under boost. I also wanted to run the lowest boost amounts possible while getting the best results…as it tends to be less stressful and more reliable.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the people who want to get 600-700 hp out of stock blocks. It's one thing to build it and tune it to run a stock block with the idea your upgrading later, it's another to build an insane motor, based off a stock block, and then complain when it splits.

I personally would probably toss a snail on this motor I have now, and run a ton of boost. But the day it does pop I will have a smile from ear to ear and another motor to go in. Like when I blew the rear end at the track this summer :D.

Welcome to turbo world, I have had my HP kit for going on 5 years. Make sure you have a reliable air/fuel meter the best is innovate (most accurate). if I can help with any questions give me a p.m. Here is how pretty that HP kit is gonna look:lol: And here is dyno sheet with my old heads and intake combo, haven't been to the dyno with the Hogan/Trick Flow set up, but I think it's gonna be better.
100_0231.jpg

dyno.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0231.jpg
    100_0231.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 49
  • dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 57

Agreed, this is how I'm doing it. I can't afford a $5k shortblock right now on top of everything else that I need to do. I'll just have to live on the edge of the stock block for a little while.

Is it streetable? How about 30K miles worth . It's a DSS block but isn't that a stock block in all reality? It is way more streetable since I installed the XPI Timing lock instead of having the timing locked out at 20 degrees, which is what I ran for 30K miles. It is truely insane to drive, it commands a lot of self control. Other people have vids of the car out on the highway, I'll see if i can snag one. I would not be afraid to use this kit on a stocker if you have a good tune ,a reliable air/fuel meter and realize that you will NOT be able to use the full 20# of boost that the kit is capable of. This turbo made 25RWHP/lb. of boost,which is insane compared to a supercharger, that puts me close to another 200-250 rwhp if i had the block to hold it. Also note the turbo lag (not):lol: