Is it Worth the Trouble

Tomorrow is the last race day of the year at my local dragway. I`m .1 away from my good friends best time in his 350Z. He says he will smoke me tomorrow because they will be prepping the track. That will solve most of his traction issues. I was wondering if it is worth the trouble of taking off my rear wing, removing my right headlight and maybe even emptying my Mach 1000 from my trunk. The rivallary is getting heated between us :D .

• Sponsors (?)

ToplessStang said:
Tomorrow is the last race day of the year at my local dragway. I`m .1 away from my good friends best time in his 350Z. He says he will smoke me tomorrow because they will be prepping the track. That will solve most of his traction issues. I was wondering if it is worth the trouble of taking off my rear wing, removing my right headlight and maybe even emptying my Mach 1000 from my trunk. The rivallary is getting heated between us :D .

anyone you could borrow dr's from?

take out the rear seat and passenger seat, I doubt the wing should do much...the headlight removal could get slightly cooler air to your intake. If the mach stuff weighs alot take it if you want. the seat removal should be good for some nice weight reduction. Get some sticky tires if possible

dont bother with your rear seat. I would take out the headlight and silencer maybe the front sway bar. if you want to lose 100lbs take out the mach, sway bar, front pass seat, crossbrace under tranny and dogbone. the rear seats in a vert are like 10lbs at most

ToplessStang said:
The people on StangNet are GREAT :nice: . Thanks for your tips guys. If there are any more, I have till tomorrow so I'm listening. As for the seats, I don't want to make it that obvious :D .

Why not? Just say this to your friend:
"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

well drop your pressure in the rears pull the head light and keep the engine iced down. also take the jack and spair out of the trunk and have it about 1/4 tank of gas.
one of my good friends has a 03 GTP and we are close in times so I know what your feeling like. just make sure you get off the line good and I think you should be sitting good.

droptopsnake01 said:
You run a 8.9 in the 8th?? You should be running around a 13.6-13.7 in the 1/4. And your getting beat by a 350 z??
Yeah, how is that happening? Based on your 1/8th you should be faster in the quarter than you are and I've never seen a stock 350Z break out of the 14's before?

What have you got for mods?

droptopsnake01 said:
You run a 8.9 in the 8th?? You should be running around a 13.6-13.7 in the 1/4. And your getting beat by a 350 z??

That's the problem. My best overall 60Ft. is better than his (2.118). My best overall 1/8 is better than his (8.955) but where he pulls on me is after the 1/8. My car feels like it's running out of steam near redline in 3rd and his just comes back. His best is 13.82 at 104 but it's all falling apart for me after 1/8 :( .

Gearbanger 101 said:
Yeah, how is that happening? Based on your 1/8th you should be faster in the quarter than you are and I've never seen a stock 350Z break out of the 14's before?

What have you got for mods?

He's been running 14 flat all summer. It's the colder weather that's dropped our times almost .2 . All I have is a FIPK Gen 2 but I must admit I've finally learned how to launch my car properly after a year of ownership.

Gearbanger 101 said:
His Z can't be stock! :confused:

All it's got is a CAI from AEM. There is another 350Z that comes to the track with us every week with a CAI and a pulley and he's running 13.906 at 105 MPH. There getting these times with 2.2 and even 2.3 60FT. They really start to move at higher speeds. Must be that 6 spd. tranny.