Is this sorta rare...at all?

Mean67302

Jul 6, 2004
Northern NY
I am looking at a 1978 Mustang that a relative owns.I was wondering how rare are the T-Tops option?It has T-Tops and was a 2. something engine but now it has a V8 in it.It is a hatchback or fastback or whatever you would call that.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang II's are pretty rare in general as far as I'm concerned. But don't buy it because it's rare, the II's value doesn't necessarilly increase due to it's rarity. As far as T-Tops go, their not really rare that I know of. I havent noticed a lacking in them. But don't expect it to up in value any time soon. They are just not as valuable or desirable as they should be. But if you like the car, buy it and enjoy it. They definetly are not seen around very ofton and contrary to all those bullheaded mustang owners, alot of people like them. I get compliments on mine ALL the time. Good luck. =)

I don't think they are so much "rare" as they are "desirable" I've been told that there were not that many made (less than 1000 total in 78, and some late in 77) but I've seen several around even locally, so I have my doubts. Doesn't stop me from loving mine :D

Personally, I think the only thing more worthy than a T-top II would be a ragtop II , and I want to chop the roof off a coupe one day SO badly.....after all, I did it to a Bronco II, so a Mustang II should be a cakewalk :cool:

And if it was a "2._" then it would be either a 2.3 (4-cylinder) or a 2.8 (V6). Mine was originally a V8 (5.0) but after a seized oilpump and several years of sitting, I'm dropping in a 2.8 with more balls than any of the stock MII V8s ever had...

I sold my '78 Cobra II T-Top car to a buddy of mine and he took it up to Syracuse, NY with him when he got out of the service. I bet he'll sell it since he definately not a Mustang II guy. Kinda a neatly optioned car if you're looking for a unique II. I haven't spoke to hime in almost a year but I'll bet money on it, that it's probably sitting on his parents' property somewhere. It was a running/driving 2.8L V6 with a 4 speed. Heck, he my not have it anymore... I'll have to find out. :nice: