Just Got My Mickey Thompson Drag Radials... there could be a problem here

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
i just got my M/T drag radials and these things are friggin' HUGE. they are 275/60/15's and a full 11 inches wide... way wider than my nittos! there is good chance these arent gonna fit, which would suck cause i dont wanna pay the shipping to get them back to summit.

Anyone run the mickey's in this size?? do they fit. and if so at what cost? my fender lip is not rolled but the inner fender is already beat in.

• Sponsors (?)

I actually have the same size tires. I had to remove the quads, do a little hammer massaging to the inner fender well, and they rub a little when I enter a driveway at an angle. I still haven't removed my sway bars either so that probably helps a little too.

I havent rolled the fender lip but I should because I have some gouges on the sides from rubbing.

I have the BFG's in that size on my 82, with about 1/2 coil cut off the springs. I had to roll the fender lip and put an air bag in the right rear. After that it has been fine for 2 years. I did not have quadshocks. With stock length springs, it would most likely have fit better.

Why such big tires guys? I tried them on my car one night, rubbed all over the place, looked horrible on a Draglite with 5.5 BS, and just bogged the car down. My guess is they will fit, with the right rim, and some massaging.

25thmustang said:
Why such big tires guys? I tried them on my car one night, rubbed all over the place, looked horrible on a Draglite with 5.5 BS, and just bogged the car down. My guess is they will fit, with the right rim, and some massaging.
Truthfully, because I was running out of RPM at the end of the track with a 26 inch tire. I needed drag tires, and it was a lot cheaper then a gear swap. :nice:

i like the bigger tire cause with a 26 inch tire i find that when im crusing arounf 45 mph i am at like 2200 rpm's in fourth and with the extra tire it knocks it down almost 500 rpms, and with the smaller tire first is basially useless for me on the street.

i ran the same size tires before but they were nittos... and the mickeys look WAY bigger.

91lxttrim u got any pictures i could see??

yeah check this out...
I have a better pic if the tires on the white LX, I just can't find it right now.

The green notch had ET Streets that were 28.5x11's. They both fit about the same.

90lxcoupe said:
i like the bigger tire cause with a 26 inch tire i find that when im crusing arounf 45 mph i am at like 2200 rpm's in fourth and with the extra tire it knocks it down almost 500 rpms, and with the smaller tire first is basially useless for me on the street.

i ran the same size tires before but they were nittos... and the mickeys look WAY bigger.

91lxttrim u got any pictures i could see??

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Pic(119).jpg
    Pic(119).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 112