Just how loud?

Hey everyone, quick exhaust question. I've got an 02 GT with BBK long tubes, BBK shorty H, and Flowmaster 40s, among other mods. I'm wanting to change the H to and X-pipe. Is it better to go with the standard X with the cat. converters on it or the off-road X? I'm pretty pleased with how my car sounds now, it's plenty loud but I hear an X pipe will hollow it out more. There aren't any emmissions regulations where I live so I don't think not having any cats will hurt but it is my only car and I'm not sure I want it sounding like a race car if the off-road X makes it that much louder. Just looking for some suggestions. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, nothing is going to be a big change after those 40 series you have. I really like the tone I have with mine. granted, you can here my car coming from 3 blocks away, but so what...i'm too busy driving it to care

Just out of curiosity - if you like how your car sounds now, why are you changing it? The offroad X w/ flows will be pretty loud, a bit raspy and sound kind of exotic. I had flows w/ my catted X and it sounded pretty good, but the cats will tend to smooth the sound out a bit.