Just Spent Some Money!!!!

I just bought the track heat intake , ported and polished heads, stage 2 comp cams, 75mm throttle body, 30lb injectors, what kind of power you think i will make , has slp non catted exhaust, c&l intake, under drive pullys, i have heard i can stick with the factory springs for the cam is that true?

• Sponsors (?)

LOOK WHAT JUST CAME IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0733.jpg
    IMAG0733.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0734.jpg
    IMAG0734.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 113
You should DEFINITELY degree the cams in. And to do that, you need adjustable gears. However, don't get the adjustable cam gears (like Comp sells); get the TFS adjustable crank gears. There's no 'adjustment', so to speak, that can somehow get unaligned. And they're cheap. And about degreeing the cams, my cams were SIX DEGREES from what they were speced at. Install a cam that's 6 degrees advanced....and bye-bye intake valves.

I've seen stock head, stock intake, cam-only 4.6s make 295-300 rwhp with pretty much every bolt on in the book. So I'd think you'd knock down 310-320 pretty easily. The only thing I see going against you is that you don't have long tubes.

I know a guy with a full bolt-on, Trickflow HCI 4.6. I think it only made like 320 rwhp, but runs 12.0s @ 113-114 mph on a full weight convertible. I'd say that's pretty strong, and I'd think you'd be close to that.

Well I got bad news on all this crap, turns out the heads will be 350 a head to get line honed and put bearings in them and on top of that the heads just looked cleaned up to the machine shop/ peformance shop and there not ported. So with that in mind I already put this pain in the ass intake on and it looks pretty bad ass tho. Since I didnt have to pull the heads off I put the intake on about 4 days ago. Cant feel any real difference yet but hopefully will after the cam install. I cant get it tuned untill the 26th of june which happens to be my bday which is cool so I plan on doing the cams the night before and get it towed the next morning to the shop and im so afraid to do the cam gears/ crank gear im afraid im going to bend the valves worse that what it would if i didnt do them and i wont know if the valves will make contact untill after i put them in. I have no clue on how to degree cams either any suggestions?????????

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 105