KZGUNS tuning

Before I start tweeking stuff what your opinion on this issue. Cold start it will do the normal initial high idle then once taper is over it will dip and stall. Restarts easily and idled fine and goes through WUE. Do I need to bump up after start enrichment? I’ll try to get a dl tomorrow maybe. It’s like roughly 50° here so it’s not cold starting from 30°

• Sponsors (?)

Well to start I need to know what the wb is reading on startup cold, but from your description your line of thinking is correct. But instead try increasing the cold start cranking pw slightly and the ase enrichment by 3%

Reactions: 1 user
ok i finally got a DL of it happening and the restart. It does go way lean when it stalls despite adding 3%

Attachments

• 2019-04-30_18.49.49.msl
    673.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CurrentTune.msq
    118.1 KB · Views: 125
@a91what when you get a chance can you look at the DL and see what direction i need to go. I'm thinking of adding more cranking pw to see if that extends the ase to support the AFR longer. Or do you still think more ase is needed?

Thanks!

you can see the fuel go lean as the car starts to stall, but I personally think it is mainly timing related. If you look at the fields
SPK: advance
SPK: table 1
you can see the difference. upon start the idle hangs above 1300, this keeps the idle advance [manual activation below 1300rpm] from coming on and when it does the timing has a drastic swing causing the dip/surge/stall. on restart this does not happen

I have made a few changes in this tune for you to try. I didnt leave notes in it, pressed for time today.

Attachments

• KZGUNS Rev5.0.1.msq
    118 KB · Views: 134
you can see the fuel go lean as the car starts to stall, but I personally think it is mainly timing related. If you look at the fields
SPK: advance
SPK: table 1
you can see the difference. upon start the idle hangs above 1300, this keeps the idle advance [manual activation below 1300rpm] from coming on and when it does the timing has a drastic swing causing the dip/surge/stall. on restart this does not happen

I have made a few changes in this tune for you to try. I didnt leave notes in it, pressed for time today.
Thanks Steve! I’ll review the difference report and look at changes.

Hey guys!
So i wanted to let you guys know we did our annual trip to good guys show in Columbus last weekend and since they now allow 87 and older i drove the mustang and even got foxbody pick of the show! total surprise to me since my car isn't anything crazy just clean etc.. Anyway the car performed great the whole weekend and 2.5 hour drive down and back. I got roughly 26mpg on the long freeway drive!!! That was a surprise as well, now around town it eats well lol.

Anyway i may be able to pick up a Vortech V3 for a good price, I'm totally new to boost so my ignorance is high but does my whole tune need to be redone or just adjust for it? Probably only going to pushing 5-6 lbs. I'm sure I'll be bringing @a91what into the fold once i do get boosted. :)

Awesome!!!

Its so nice to see that you were able to drive it like that and also win at the show. The whole tune will not need to be redone as most of it will be changed above the 100kPa area. There will probably still be little changes in the below area as well as the blower will still add a little additional air even though its not being put under load.

Awesome!!!

Its so nice to see that you were able to drive it like that and also win at the show. The whole tune will not need to be redone as most of it will be changed above the 100kPa area. There will probably still be little changes in the below area as well as the blower will still add a little additional air even though its not being put under load.

That’s great news! One way or another I will get this thing boosted before next spring. Hopefully this deal works out.

@a91what updated my firmware this past weekend. My current tune is still the last one you revised above. When you get a chance to find that tune we were talking about post it up. I also searched around on the net for info on what i need to do with the ms2pnp for edis and didnt really find anything conclusive. Lots of old posts on msextra.

couple questions..
I was updating my data in the tune, injectors, req fuel etc and just looking it over. I was wondering how the ecu knows where the VR sensor is on the trigger wheel? at tdc i have it over the 5th tooth. Is there a setting in ts i need to adjust for that? I assume once started i need to adjust the offset in the trigger wizard?

Thanks!

The ECU has no idea where the toothed wheel is or the relation of the VR sensor to it. its just like setting up a distributor in the software.
Ok then how do I know it’s set up say close to base timing? ie; with a distributor it’s dropped in on #1 at tdc then you can adjust the distributor accordingly. How is that done on edis? Is it all done in the software?
Sorry if these questions sound dumb I’m just trying to see how it works to better understand. These are the things that keep me up at night :O_o: