Lets end my midpipe debate.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
I want a midpipe and catback to be my next two mods. Ive decided to go with either the American Thunder (aka Flow's) or the Flow Path (Mac's) catback. Leaning towards Mac though. They outflow the Flow's (ironic, eh?) and sound a little deeper.

But, so far I was pretty set on a UPR O/R X to match with, seeing as how X's give the best bang for the buck supposidly. I know most people say that an X pipe and chambered mufflers dont go together, but I kind of like the sound.

I dont want an H pipe on the car. If im gonna change it, might as well go a different route than another H. Even though an H and chambered mufflers is the sweetspot on the ears... I want the efficiency of an X pipe.

But, the next thing that popped into my head was teh ProChamber. How does one compare to an X performance wise? I know X's are good for up top power, H's good for low end tourqe... so whats the Chamber good for? If its a blend of both, then thats probaly the route ill go... I want it to still open up on the top end, but a little boost of low end would be more useable. Also gives a very nice and unique tone.

Ive allready seen some of your opinions about the UPR X when I posted about that a week ago or so, and im still not tossing that out... but im debating heavily between it or the ProChamber. If the Chamber gives equal performance, id probaly go that route for the sound.

• Sponsors (?)

The gains are in the longtubes, although the midpipe is the second component in the lineup of exhaust gainers.
I love the sound of an X, so Id never get an H for the sound reason. However, the prochamber sounds great. My friend has a prochamber with Longtubes, and it sounds awesome. He gained something like 21 whp and 15 tq with the whole setup. Id go with that.

I have an X and its a very destinct sound, yeah H's sound good but u coulda got that sound without changing it out w/ some other mods. The prochamber is pretty throaty also and isnt that much worse hp # wise than X. Still wouldn't trade my x for anything.
P.S. i hate you guys who can get away w/ longtubes and O/R pipes so illegal in Cali.

Ive been thinking about going with Flowtech longtubes (can pull tranny with headers in place) and doing it all, but im not sure im up for the install, and I dont have the extra money to pay for them to be done.

Well, let me rephrase... id be up for the install, but I think dropping the K-member is a little beyond me right now with what little tools I have.