Looking for a car for the g/f (reconstructed title questions)

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Found this focus:
2001 Ford Focus ZX3

We were looking at another b4 with some high milage but the guy tried to give me some story about the battery being bad and him being a mechanic and the battery light was on due to that... I shot an offer at him and he said it was too low... i responded by saying that the battery light was caused by the alternator out put or voltage regulator and any mechanic would know that. He said he would take $200 off the price but now wont meet up.... I think i spooked him....

SO that led me to this car... now if we get it do i have to get it salvage inspected in NJ or since its a state transfer on the title will i just get a clean title issued??? Also does anyone have carfax???

On another note i emailed the other guy and asked him if it was still for sale tonight with no response... I waited for him to get home from his g/f's house last night till after 11 with no call when i had to make a 2 hour drive back to school.... sad thing is the g/f really wants this car... and it did run nicely it has 119k on it same as my focus.... in his initial e-mail he said 110k... it also had a spot of body work on it done... which the guy said it looks the same color and he thinks someone got a solvent on the paint.
here is the other one:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/1008261239.html
Trans fluid was a little dark...
but it has the svt suspension... the guy also gave me a story about he is getting rid of it because his grand mom gave him a new car.... and that he was big in to cars and had some RHD honda and TT VR6 GTI and some other car that got stolen at the same time while he was away and the insurance company cut him a check for 56k because they were all fully insured... Why cant i find a strait focus zx3 for her with a good sticker for $3000ish... thats blue book anyway... SHe is picky and really wants a black one... i feel like im letting her down im usually great at this stuff. I found her atlantic blue 4cyl fox for $800 and thats lasted like 2 years even with the trans slipping... but thats about to go boom its like a time bomb now... its already been back from the dead after a snapped timing belt

• Sponsors (?)

I had to make a color sacrifice once because another car was on its way out. Unfortunately, if you don't have a lot of time on your hands when used car shopping the chips don't always fall in your favor. You don't get the power this you wanted, maybe cruise control, or in this case a black car.

I hope for the best in your search and that all your criteria are met, but if you see something you like and it checks out, don't let something small like color stop you.

That other guy seemed shoddy just from the story you wrote, or that was the vibe I got from reading it. You probably did spook him about the battery light. Maybe he thought he was pulling the wool over the eyes of someone who doesn't know crap about cars.

Like I said though, good luck, and I hope you get what you're looking for!

bought the dark blue one... only to come across a few things today that pissed me off.... Leaking heater core.... and the ing cyl. was drilled so you can turn the car on with any object.... it wont start however because it needs a chipped key.... which i guess is ok... the lock cyls are **** on the focus... i know 2 peoples whos went...