Looking for opinions on potential power output and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I said 350-375 simply by adding the kit. The stock heads will be the choke point I'd imagine, and just because it'll go to 20 psi, doesn't make it right. A 5 pound spring on a stock block combo will still show more power than any HCI ever will, and be well within the limits of a 5.0.

Yes, you did. But earlier posts are talking 500+ without mentioning stock block limitations

• Sponsors (?)

Way more info than I asked.. didn't read your whole post to be honest.. I know about all the turbo possibilities.. it's just not what I wanted or asked.. AND you're talking about the 190cc 11Rs heads, anyway, with a 56cc chamber. I asked about 170cc 11r heads, with 53cc chamber. That's kinda funny since you're being a smartass. Really can't find hardly any info with them on a stock short block and what the compression would be( I've seen the 170s having p2v issues but not the 11rs, even at 53cc).. There would be no conversation on here if the same question couldn't be asked more than once. Find a new forum or new hobby if seeing the same question more than once hurts your butt. Turbo is about the only way a 302 can survive over 500hp and if I wanted that much that's def be the most economical way to get there. Anyway no hard feelings. It's of no consequence now, as I decided a 53 cc chamber would result in more compression than I would want(thinking over11:1). Wouldn't want more than 10:1 tops. I already ordered the afr's last night. Btw my stock heads are toast.. and at that point you might as well get a set of cheap($8-900) aluminum heads rather than spending money to refresh stock heads for weight saving alone imo. And at that point why not spend 600 more and get some really good heads that actually flow.

As far as the spool goes.. I didn't say it's my only car. And I'd have to drive it everyday. But it will be driven on the road not a drag car. I didn't ask any opinion on spools or what axle I'd need. Ppl like you are what runs new ppl, wanting to learn off and get involved in this hobby, off. Your abundant knowledge of not a single question I asked blows my mind.. d.

Last edited:
Soo let me get this straight so i understand... your doing a bunch of name calling because someone who has been building race cars since before even I was born gave you some solid advice. GTF over it kid, opinions are what a forum are for if you dont like it GTFO.

see we can be assholes too :shrug:

now i wonder if i start to give you advice on how to tune the engine or what kind of timing curve you should be running are you going to tell me that i dont know what im talking about refute my advice then call me a name.
Mike may not be the easiest guy to get along with but you would do real well to head his advice padawon a spool on the street is a dumbass thing to do.

Guys loose the button on the end of the axle that the C-clip goes into to hold the axle in the diff... you can break them it happens. trust me. We have never broken the differential in our 9 sec drag car but we have broken axles. 1.3 60'

Last edited:
@FanoftheFox
i can see right now that you are going to be a lot of fun if you manage to hang around here.
most of the members here have a lot of experience building ford street/drag cars and you would be smart to pay attention and learn from their mistakes.
name calling is reserved for facepage and not tolerated here unless you personally know and are poking fun at another member.

Way more info than I asked.. didn't read your whole post to be honest.. I know about all the turbo possibilities.. it's just not what I wanted or asked.. AND you're talking about the 190cc 11Rs heads, anyway, with a 56cc chamber. I asked about 170cc 11r heads, with 53cc chamber. That's kinda funny since you're being a smartass. Really can't find hardly any info with them on a stock short block and what the compression would be( I've seen the 170s having p2v issues but not the 11rs, even at 53cc).. There would be no conversation on here if the same question couldn't be asked more than once. Find a new forum or new hobby if seeing the same question more than once hurts your butt. Turbo is about the only way a 302 can survive over 500hp and if I wanted that much that's def be the most economical way to get there. Anyway no hard feelings. It's of no consequence now, as I decided a 53 cc chamber would result in more compression than I would want(thinking over11:1). Wouldn't want more than 10:1 tops. I already ordered the afr's last night. Btw my stock heads are toast.. and at that point you might as well get a set of cheap($8-900) aluminum heads rather than spending money to refresh stock heads for weight saving alone imo. And at that point why not spend 600 more and get some really good heads that actually flow.
Oh and I would be blown away if a spooled 28spline 8.8 broke a shaft on a 330hp street mustang.. the differential is the weak link. But you knew that

Damn.... :nonono:

I see now that the 170 version of the head has a different chamber...I also see that just like the bigger volume head, the 170 comes in two different size chambers......a 53, and a 63.

So I was quoting a different head, I used the very first result that came up from the Google search. All irrelevant info since you've chosen some other AFR head regardless.
( Despite the fact that you couldn't be bothered to read my whole reply,..you partly heeded my advice anyway,....so good on you)

You obviously like throwing money away, and I gotta admit, I'm probably the cheapest assed guy here, so I'm conflicted over giving you advice that you can't be bothered to even read completely. Makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time with you. :thinking: :thinking::thinking:

Nahhh........I just love giving advice. The fact that you won't follow any of it don't matter one damn bit.

You know what says " I don't know what I'm talking about" about some of the stuff you're saying?
You don't know how to google.

But since I'm such a nice guy,.....here, let me do that for you.

If you rebuilt your engine, you should know all of the variables it asks for. You should know what your piston volume is, you should know what your deck height is, what your bore and stroke are, what your gasket bore diameter is, and now you know.....what your chamber volume is...so see....I helped you again.

You can tell people stuff and the really, really dumb ones will just put their heads down and jump right off a cliff anyway.

Now, far be it for me to insult anybody's intelligence that are "just tryin to learn" .....but there are those chosen few that still insist on doing dumb sht.

If you don't think a stock 28 spline axle won't possibly snap off once you put a set of sticky tires on, rev the engine to 5000 rpm and side step your clutch at the starting line at the drag strip,...you better spend some time at the drag strip.
I'm not saying it automatically will, just as soon as you put A,B, and C together... But it could, it has, and like I said...sooner or later...it will.

The fact that your stated plan was to not build a drag car, but still insist on putting in a spool in a street car is tantamount to watching children play in the street....
Even the most callous of people would yell at the kids to GET THE HELL OFF THE STREET, BEFORE YOU GET RAN THE HELL OVER!!!!

Despite the fact that most here would consider me an opinionated prick,... I'm not totally insensitive.:rolleyes:

So.........

DONT PUT A SPOOL IN A STREET CAR, BEFORE YOU LOSE CONTROL, AND RUN THE HELL OVER THE KIDS PLAYING IN THEIR YARDS!!!

*And as an afterthought...I just gotta ask,...once you go ahead and put that full spool in place of the "weak differential"....
How do you intend to keep a stock c clip axle in place?

Last edited:
You make me laugh car Angelo.. like I said your knowledge blows my mind. Like I say, you're assuming alot still. Did I ever say anything about sticky tires? Actually I said "not a drag car." Have you ever broke or even seen an 8.8 break a shaft? Even a 28spline? You were the one insulting me from the beginning saying how easy Google search was.. and you didn't even search the right thing dummy. Like I hadn't been searching the net already.. You and all your forum pals swoop in. Fresh meat. Bunch of internet bullies. Done wasting time with you. You win.. like I say it's a non issue now anyway.

A91, are u Angelo butt buddy ? Can't we all just get along? It might not occur to you that I have way more experience when it comes axle/driveline.
Ah resorting to name calling and homophobic remarks. how adult of you. I am assuming from your lack of ability to respond with a reasonable explanation of why a spool is ok to use on the street that you have NO experience with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.