Looking for opinions on potential power output and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A91, are u Angelo butt buddy ? Can't we all just get along? It might not occur to you that I have way more experience when it comes axle/driveline.
Well, I think it's time to take a step back and review a couple things.
This and your other responses shows me that you likely are looking for something other than advise. Did your facepage friends diss you?
you came here looking for opinions and apparently didn't like them so you may need to go someplace where you can find the answers you like.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought about the 185s but I'm more for low end.. it'll just move the power band up more

Earlier you said you were hoping for 330 crank hp. If this is an NA platform, you should be pushing the sweet spot higher up on the power band. Claiming you want to go for bottom end is not gonna get you where you want to be, probably. I like the stock HO cam and it probably goes good with 165's. But if you want 330hp NA, you probably need a cam with more duration than the stock HO, and heads that will make the most of higher rpms.

I'm not dissing the stock HO at all. My 92 has the stock HO cam 1.7 rollers, GT40 irons, V3 10psi. I'm putting 400hp to rear wheels.

I tell ya, I'm about ready to drop this forum. I hate social media, this has been as close as I get to it. It seems to me there is a reoccurring theme on here lately, and it seems to be jumping on the new guy, who many times is totally lost and trying to find his way through the car hobby. It seems there is one guy who always shows up and comes across as a complete jerk, whether he means to or not, and turns the tone of the conversation. Then all the groupies join in and come to his aide when the offended OP returns the smart comments.

I just have to wonder if we were a bunch of guys hanging out in person, if the tones and comments would be the same. When new guys come on here and ask questions, sometimes they are just looking for conversation about their ideas and they start that conversation through questions. There are several people on here who are very helpful and give great advice, but I have to think there are many being turned away by a few, mainly one.

That one started the smart comments in post# 3, Mike. You are a gifted car builder and a great story teller, but lighten up a little. If you don't like the post, don't respond. I literally probably read a tenth of the new posts because I have no interest in them. Please continue to share your knowledge, but do it in a loving manner, not the "I'm here to show you how little you really know" manner.

Said with as much respect as I can...

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
I tell ya, I'm about ready to drop this forum. I hate social media, this has been as close as I get to it. It seems to me there is a reoccurring theme on here lately, and it seems to be jumping on the new guy, who many times is totally lost and trying to find his way through the car hobby. It seems there is one guy who always shows up and comes across as a complete jerk, whether he means to or not, and turns the tone of the conversation. Then all the groupies join in and come to his aide when the offended OP returns the smart comments.

I just have to wonder if we were a bunch of guys hanging out in person, if the tones and comments would be the same. When new guys come on here and ask questions, sometimes they are just looking for conversation about their ideas and they start that conversation through questions. There are several people on here who are very helpful and give great advice, but I have to think there are many being turned away by a few, mainly one.

That one started the smart comments in post# 3, Mike. You are a gifted car builder and a great story teller, but lighten up a little. If you don't like the post, don't respond. I literally probably read a tenth of the new posts because I have no interest in them. Please continue to share your knowledge, but do it in a loving manner, not the "I'm here to show you how little you really know" manner.

Said with as much respect as I can...

Joe
And I hear you Joe..and this reply is to you. like you, I'll bypass 2 dozen of these posts every day.when there's a simple question in the op. There are scores of guys here who'll rush in to answer that question no matter how many time it's asked. And, I'll cop to throwing out a smart assed comment early in the thread..but post 3 was the same as saying...." Gee, not another how much power" thread for the 700th time.
And if somebody was standing in a group of us that asked the question out loud,..there'd be the same few that will rush in an start trying to answer dudes question, and then there'll be me,..looking at the guy, listening to him, and sizing him up to determine whether he's seriously trying to learn, or just full of sht.

Whether or not you find it constructive, the advice I actually gave the guy in post 18 was sound, albeit a little snide. I don't mind helping people that help themselves, but I got a short fuse when they start making dumb ass statements, can't be bothered to do their own homework, and the advice given them is roughly equivalent to talking to a tree.

You're a racer Joe....just answer a simple question........would you put a full spool on a street car? What would you tell somebody who stated that as their intention. And after you answer that, see if it's any different than what I told this guy.

It may look like to you that this is the SOP here,..but I see it differently. The people who used to frequent this forum get tired of the same tired rehash of the same tired topics. Save for a few, Nobodies building anything here,..people who claim to be doing one have nothing to show except talk, which quickly proves to be smoke.

Maybe we should have a big boy talk forum, where people who claim to do stuff, show off their actual progress, and a dreamer talk forum where everybody who participates can post pics of the car they built on their X box, or ps4. I promise I'll never go into the dreamer forum and try to talk sense into anybody there.

I understand both Mike and Joe's position.

Now, there are some people, like you Mike, that do one of a kind builds. Really cool stuff you do there man. But most of us are not like you. We just use an existing platform, go grab some existing stuff and put it on the car. For this forum to exist it needs participation of people. And since most of said people are working with existing stuff on existing platforms, topics and ideas are going to get recycled over and over again. Without this effect there would be no forum, or if it did cling to life, it would be very low volume.

To the OP: Ive had experiences where I had some people helping me and others who I though were dissing me within the same thread. I continued talking with those willing to help and chose to ignore those who I thought were being jerks. It takes two to tango. To become offended, you have to open the door and let them in. The choice is yours.

Reactions: 1 user
So after reading this thread over the past few days (I read many in the hopes of learning something) I finally have to chime in.
I’ve only been here for maybe a year, and have gotten a ton of great advice from many different members. I’ve probably asked a few stupid questions I’ve been called out on, but so be it.
@RangerJoe ...... yes @CarMichael Angelo has a certain way he goes about responding, but the knowledge he obviously has, and shares, is priceless to those truly trying to learn.
If someone doesn’t like a post, don’t respond to it. We’re not standing in front of each other.
I have been into cars all my life. Not nearly as deep as some of the people I have learned from here. But I do know enough that both rear wheels spinning at the same rate on a street car is not real good. I can see why these knowledgable guys get frustrated. But then again, I’m one to completely research things first before I do something bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.