Progress Thread Manoahs 75 Fauxbra build

Prepping the motor for extraction.
6C436D70-F751-4FF3-A151-097ED67D2CD2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Looking at all the options, I’m either going to build the 302 (have it built by a pro) or try for a coyote swap from PBH performance. If I stick with the 302, I’d like to switch my C4 out for a manual. My question is, what manual fits the best with the least mods, and is there a place that will sell a complete kit with everything I need to do the swap?

Your Back! Safe and Sound! Thank you for guarding us against the bad guys!

Looking at all the options, I’m either going to build the 302 (have it built by a pro) or try for a coyote swap from PBH performance. If I stick with the 302, I’d like to switch my C4 out for a manual. My question is, what manual fits the best with the least mods, and is there a place that will sell a complete kit with everything I need to do the swap?

Look at Modern Driveline. At least you can find what you need for a T5 conversion. They got what you need for Mustang II's.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice to see your boy seems interested. He is at the age that just about the time he is sixteen that car will be perfect. I like the engine bay , very nice condition. I have a single girl who used to help when she was younger. I have a painting company that she has no interest in. Anyway you have one of my favorite Mustangs , and favorite years. Hope to see more .

Look at Modern Driveline. At least you can find what you need for a T5 conversion. They got what you need for Mustang II's.

lol, we were out there floating around for four months hiding from Covid. But uh, you’re welcome?

the bottom radiator support is trashed, and I don’t see an easy way to unbolt and replace. I assume the best option is to cut it out and re weld in a replacement? Or maybe just bang it back into place? What have you guys done with it? Nothing was bolted to it, can I just cut it out and not replace?

Attachments

• BBB272D0-30D4-403F-9D27-3E19850D3010.jpeg
    BBB272D0-30D4-403F-9D27-3E19850D3010.jpeg
    497.4 KB · Views: 68
Looks like someone strapped a tow chain to it. :shrug:

I'd look into keeping it one way or another. Cutting/welding a new piece would probably be best, but I doubt you'll find one that's not screwed up in it's own way.

Depending on your skill set, you could cut the bent piece out, straighten it as best you can on the bench, and section it back in. You could probably use something to span the distance from one end to the other to clamp to and act as a straight line. If it were me, I'd look at cutting at the center center bracket (the one below your hand) and cut at the passenger side radius. The driver side looks pretty good from what I see.

Both forward fender aprons will have moved to the center a bit. If you just cut it out the aprons may not spring back into position.

With some spreading action between rails it would hammer dolly backing proper shape.

Reactions: 2 users
Cool build and nice condition of the car! T5 swap in MustangIIs is trending...

With some spreading action between rails it would hammer dolly backing proper shape.
You can also combine spreading the rails with strapping the support backwards (e.g. to the engine mount) and than additional hammer action.

Cool car and interesting thread. I just read through it. You mentioned a couple of times that you are not a fabricator, so I'm gonna guess welding isn't your best skill. I know it isn't mine! You also mentioned that your wife has given you a healthy budget for this build. Maybe you let the body shop fix that support when you take it to get it painted?

Are you going to pull the engine and transmission out, strip the car and have the whole thing painted?

Here it is.
SHUT UP!

Someone is FINALLY offering a 5-speed kit for the II?

This... might... grrr....

• Surprised
Reactions: 3 users
Cool car and interesting thread. I just read through it. You mentioned a couple of times that you are not a fabricator, so I'm gonna guess welding isn't your best skill. I know it isn't mine! You also mentioned that your wife has given you a healthy budget for this build. Maybe you let the body shop fix that support when you take it to get it painted?

Are you going to pull the engine and transmission out, strip the car and have the whole thing painted?
Def cannot fabricate anything, and I’ve never welded before in my life. Letting the body shop deal with that damage is probably the best plan of action.

side note, is there really only two bolts holding the transmission to that crossmember.