March/November wedding 60's tribute

As I earnestly try to catch up on this thread I see this guy has a vision, a detailed plan, serious metal working skills, and most important a great sense of humor.
Scoot over everyone I'm getting on the band wagon!

Don't worry, plenty of room here. :lol:

Suck it in you four,.... slide over and make room for Greg.:D

... ah ***** he's from Alabama, lol, jk

There you go again using another one of those 5 letter words.

I'm not from Alabama, I just live here. You can tell I'm not from here by the occasional use of words w/ more than one syllable.:rolleyes:
JK. I've been here for over 20 years now, them folks are stuck with me.

Now if we can only do something about the EF-5 tornadoes.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in on this one as well, i was interested and on board even before i scrolled down and saw our Mach 1 Fox Seat Upholstery was used on the ride! Which is funny because i was thinking the entire beginning of the post 'man, i hope he hasn't gotten to the interior yet because this guys gonna LOVE our Mach 1 line'.

Glad you found it, did you go w/ the sport buckets or just the standard mach 1 GT seats?

Looking good man, I'm a big fan of anything that's been 'cobbled' ... an exhaust and rims and tires doesn't make your car unique.... but this?? is def a 'one off'. Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

So far I like everything except the gauges and the scoop. I have never been a fan of digital gauges, thats just how I roll. You might be able to find a hood scoop off of an 82'. They're wide enough to let the Air cleaner poke up through the hood a little and short enough to avoid looking like a Bread Box. The interior is awesome!
I think the dimensions of the car look great as far as how the lines flow. It looks tough as hell. Kinda like a 68' California Specials' chubby bad ass little brother. :flag:

I'm in on this one as well, i was interested and on board even before i scrolled down and saw our Mach 1 Fox Seat Upholstery was used on the ride! Which is funny because i was thinking the entire beginning of the post 'man, i hope he hasn't gotten to the interior yet because this guys gonna LOVE our Mach 1 line'.

Glad you found it, did you go w/ the sport buckets or just the standard mach 1 GT seats?

Looking good man, I'm a big fan of anything that's been 'cobbled' ... an exhaust and rims and tires doesn't make your car unique.... but this?? is def a 'one off'. Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Forgive me for temporarily hijacking the thread, but do you folks plan on making 70' Mach1 seat upholstery in Ginger any time soon? :shrug:

Man am I glad I found you. (or it was you that found me,....but wait I found you first,.....anyways)

I have the sport buckets. The upholstery looks great. Doing the head rests and knee bolsters was hell though, my hands still hurt from trying to force the fabric over the padding, even after letting it sit in the sun.

The reason I need you, is I want to change out those sport buckets for an aftermarket "Recaro" type seat. I want to know if you'll sell me the center section only starting at the red band and include enough fabric to extend down the back and to the end of the seat cushion so that I can have an upholstery guy match the comfortweave pleated look on the new seat?

I think i might have the answer to your question (prayers)... We manufacture a heavier bolstered sport seat that will fit directly on your GT high back frames. The bolster is fashioned from the 1984-86 SVO foam and the upholstery shares the same design as the set you have now.

You would simply have to install the new sport foam over your existing framework and then install the SVO MACH 1 Upholstery over that to get this:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...615-our-svo-foamed-mach-1-seat-upholstery.jpg

And I might be a day late on this idea, but we do manufacture a Fox door panel w/ a Mach 1 feel to it:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ure7616-mach-1-fox-seat-mach-1-door-panel.jpg

We also could have two toned that classic panel you used like this:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...icture7484-1965-pony-door-panel-red-black.jpg

:D

So far I like everything except the gauges and the scoop. I have never been a fan of digital gauges, thats just how I roll. You might be able to find a hood scoop off of an 82'. They're wide enough to let the Air cleaner poke up through the hood a little and short enough to avoid looking like a Bread Box. The interior is awesome!
:flag:

Right now the gauges are what they are. I agree they conflict w/ the theme. The whole fox dash conflicts w/ the theme. Future plans are for a 67/68 dash and console If I can get it to hide the existing A/C Evap unit and heater. I know that a 69 dash is too wide and way too expensive, so it will be a earlier version more than likely.
I think the dimensions of the car look great as far as how the lines flow. It looks tough as hell. Kinda like a 68' California Specials' chubby bad ass little brother.
Yeah I like the analogy. There was a little bad-ass in the first grade that I ended up beating up. Had only 4 toes on one of his feet. Still remember his name... Chucky Fuller. Monkey Fightin' 4 toed, Chucky Monday to Friday Fuller!

I think THAT will be the official nick-name for the car in honor of the original, first bad ass I ever encountered.

I think i might have the answer to your question (prayers)... We manufacture a heavier bolstered sport seat that will fit directly on your GT high back frames. The bolster is fashioned from the 1984-86 SVO foam and the upholstery shares the same design as the set you have now.

You would simply have to install the new sport foam over your existing framework and then install the SVO MACH 1 Upholstery over that to get this:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...615-our-svo-foamed-mach-1-seat-upholstery.jpg

And I might be a day late on this idea, but we do manufacture a Fox door panel w/ a Mach 1 feel to it:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ure7616-mach-1-fox-seat-mach-1-door-panel.jpg

We also could have two toned that classic panel you used like this:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...icture7484-1965-pony-door-panel-red-black.jpg

:D

OH I'm all about the SVO conversion. That way I'll be able to keep what I got, frame wise, freshen the foam (it needed it any way) and not have to pay dude to re-upholster a chinese Recaro clone seat w/ unknown results. BTW, I can only get the Pony panel pic to open.

I saw the door panel when I bought the seat stuff. I did the custom panel because I wanted a sculptured panel as opposed to a flat fox panel.

While not a immediate priority until I get this thing painted and rolling, That Is my answer. Thanks.

Is that a 4.6L v2 motor ?

Yeah, The car had a smoking 4 cyl when I got it. The 4.6 was intended to go into a street rod project that was sold.
So I had it just laying around, looking for a place to call home.

When the Idea to use it became reality, It worked as my CJ wannabe.
(Granted, It's NO CJ) But, It's so damn wide It looks like it should be a big block.

I'll put cams in it later, to get the lope I want, but the carb, intake, headers and the future cams will be all that I do.

You should be able to open it by tomorrow, i just uploaded it and i think the moderator has to okay each image individually. But yes, basically it is the exact seat foam shape of the SVO seats, but made to fit your GT seat frames. And i agree, you'll get a better final result that looks like it should be in the car, and for a LOT less dough than you'd be throwing away to an uph. shop.

Who are you getting your TMI products through?

If you are going to play with a 2v motor anyways you might as well throw a set of the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads on it. They make significantly more power then all the other heads and have a revised valve setup. A good set of cams and those heads will make some real power.

How are you controlling the timing for the motor BTW ?

Also, the censored version of Sammy Jammy from Snakes on a Plane is possibly funnier then the uncensored version lol.

If you are going to play with a 2v motor anyways you might as well throw a set of the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads on it. They make significantly more power then all the other heads and have a revised valve setup. A good set of cams and those heads will make some real power.

I know, I was watching for the debut of those heads when they were still teasers. If I can ever get caught up w/ the project, and if I get to a point where 2000.00 is "disposable," then, I'll look into those heads.
Right now, since driving it home last year, I took a running car and basically stopped it dead in it's tracks. I just wanna get it painted and driveable by summer so that I can enjoy the thing.

How are you controlling the timing for the motor BTW ?

MSD 6 mod. AKA MSD 6011. Pretty cool actually. Lap top customizable timing curve. EASY-PEASY-LEMON SQUEEZY.
I'll post up some pics of how timing is adjusted when i get to that phase of the story.

Also, the censored version of Sammy Jammy from Snakes on a Plane is possibly funnier then the uncensored version lol.

Yeah after making reference to it in my Chucky Fuller bit, I wondered if anybody would know what I was talking about.
Googling Monkey-fightin' gets the link and several others, all confirming that the TBS censored edit has done more for the movie than anybody that was originally involved w/ it.:lol:

You should be able to open it by tomorrow, i just uploaded it and i think the moderator has to okay each image individually. But yes, basically it is the exact seat foam shape of the SVO seats, but made to fit your GT seat frames. And i agree, you'll get a better final result that looks like it should be in the car, and for a LOT less dough than you'd be throwing away to an uph. shop.

Who are you getting your TMI products through?

It's been a year now, and I couldn't tell you which mustang repro parts guy I got them from. Why....wanna donate a set to a future magazine car?:D

Still cannot open the pic.

I can appreciate the effort that goes into these multi year / body style projects but will never understand them.

Well alrighty then, I'd like to help you out.

these multi year / body style projects

#1 These projects? Show me anywhere else you've seen anybody do this. (I had no idea it was so common)

#2 Think of it this way. Me putting a 68 front end/tail end on a fox addresses the need to improve what I think is lacking.

You know, Kinda like you putting a late model engine and a 78 9" disc brake rear end underneath a 65 body.

I mean I can appreciate the effort that went into the swap, but what was wrong with the non-roller motor and the 8" drum brake rear that was in there to begin with?

I've got a 1969 Mach1, an 87 LX 5.0 and a 2002 GT. I used to follow all three forums plus the off topic forum whose name kept changing. Don't have time for that anymore, just follow the classic forum these days.

Great work, love everything so far except the hood scoop size. Its just not proportional in size to the rest of the front end. Looks like a 1:32 scale model part on a 1:48 scale car.

Really nice job though, looking forward to more updates!

I've got a 1969 Mach1, an 87 LX 5.0 and a 2002 GT. I used to follow all three forums plus the off topic forum whose name kept changing. Don't have time for that anymore, just follow the classic forum these days.

Great work, love everything so far except the hood scoop size. Its just not proportional in size to the rest of the front end. Looks like a 1:32 scale model part on a 1:48 scale car.

Really nice job though, looking forward to more updates!

Thanks, and again, I agree that the hood scoop is a little......disproportionate

I will keep it as planned until after I flat black out the hood and scoop ala mach1.
If the sameness in color doesn't cool out the obnoxious scoop to hood ratio, then I'll address the change.

Like I've said previously, the carb will sit another inch up in that space after the spacer I plan to add. Right now, w/ the lowest profile air cleaner made on it, and no spacer, it still sits in the scoop about 3/4" at the back of the hood.

W/o an air cleaner even on the thing, the top of the carb just touches the hood at the top of the choke flange.
I got that honker because I originally thought that I was gonna need the clearance for an air cleaner. I found this low profile 2" drop unit after I got the scoop fitted.

While I can certainly get a lower profile Boss 9 scoop, the fact that they taper at the back kind of forces me to keep whats on there.