Me VS Camaro

wytstang said:
koberaped.bmp

He's out powering you, the only way you have a chance if he spins bad. Even then top end is when they really come to life.

:rlaugh: :lol: LMFAO

• Sponsors (?)

When I just had gears(3.73's) and exhaust I was running about the same times as mostly stock LT1's at the 1/8th. I don't know how much that stall and shift kit are gonna help you, but I would say it's gonna be very close up to maybe a 1/4 if you launch good.

I ran a 9.45 in the 1/8th, and my friend with a 93 Camaro LT1 auto could only get 9.46. BUT, my cousin with a 95 T/A auto vert w/exhaust, 3.55's, and a shift kit ran either an 8.9 or 9.0.

wytstang said:
koberaped.bmp

He's out powering you, the only way you have a chance if he spins bad. Even then top end is when they really come to life.

Successfully added to my collection of pirated thread bombs for use on other unsuspecting forums...thanks big guy~ :nice:

Low-5.0 said:
When I just had gears(3.73's) and exhaust I was running about the same times as mostly stock LT1's at the 1/8th. I don't know how much that stall and shift kit are gonna help you, but I would say it's gonna be very close up to maybe a 1/4 if you launch good.

I ran a 9.45 in the 1/8th, and my friend with a 93 Camaro LT1 auto could only get 9.46. BUT, my cousin with a 95 T/A auto vert w/exhaust, 3.55's, and a shift kit ran either an 8.9 or 9.0.
my bone stock 95 t/a auto with 2.73's ran a 9.0 in the 1/8th. 93 lt1's are speed density, but it won't matter you'll still loose. guys need to start giving a little respect to the ole ltfun. they get a bad rap for the craptispark(undeserving imo) but they have a mound of torque and can haul with very little mods.

LT1s are like a box of choclates. First to set the gearing straight

http://transam672.tripod.com/lt1.html

ANY!!!! Auto Lt1 can come with either 2.73 gears or 3.23s. Just like our year cars came with either 2.73s or 3.08s. It was all dependant on the options. Just because the LT1 has 275 blah blah blah horsepower doesn't mean it's GOD. I used to own a '96 Z myself and my best friend has a '94 T/A M6. The best he ran was a 14.5 bone stock and he's a good shifter. It's not unknown to find a 2.73 geared auto LT1 out there, i've known a guy that had one (i think a '97 silver Z) and he ran like a 14.9 stock. Most of the LT1 guys around here will do low 14s in their M6s with a catback and some other small stuff.

I owned an LT1 AUTO and ran 14.0 with nothing but a flowmaster muffler. Bottom line is what they run at the drag not some piss ass race at a stop light. I like the mustangs much better but the guy who threw up the bs flag was spot on.

i beat my friends 95 Lt-1 of a roll from 20-around 90. i was up a car and a half. Those cars get pretty slow if they are beat up on. my friends had 95,000 miles on it. they are fast out the box, but after all those hard miles they die out.

Alright guys, here's the outcome..

We made 2 runs from a stoplight, each time I pulled harder and launched from about 1300RPMs. The first time when my car shifted into 2nd it peeled out for a second and he pulled ahead. The second time I let off the gas a little bit and allowed the car to keep traction which helped and allowed me to keep my lead.

From about a 45mph roll my car pulled ahead by about 1/2 a car length then at about 60mph he just took off.

From a 10mph roll I had him up to and was able to keep my lead.

I'd say our cars are about even so far. I'm waiting for him to do upgrades...and hoping I can do the same to keep my spot.

you are gonna lose..sorry to say it but yea..i owned a 95 t/a . with just headers, maf, 3 inch o/r y pipe, 3 inch flows, 2500 stall, shift kit. cai. bypassed t/b.. NO lt4 knock module "so i was enduring false knock from the headers" and was running 13.4@103 with stock 273 gears. with 342 i was running consistant 13.2@105, but the new owner now has been in the 12's with those mods..i would destroy my brother bone stock against his 95 gt with fullexhaust 355 gears and a 5 speed. he ran 14.5's..like ii would pull on him badddd. i do agree there is aLOT of beaten up fbods.and are dog slow..just have to watch out for the well kept ones..and they usally are underated pretty damn well.. mine put down 245 rwhp and 301 rwtq bone stock. with cheap gas and pulling timing.thats out of an auto.

grannycar said:
you are gonna lose..sorry to say it but yea..i owned a 95 t/a . with just headers, maf, 3 inch o/r y pipe, 3 inch flows, 2500 stall, shift kit. cai. bypassed t/b.. NO lt4 knock module "so i was enduring false knock from the headers" and was running 13.4@103 with stock 273 gears. with 342 i was running consistant 13.2@105, but the new owner now has been in the 12's with those mods..i would destroy my brother bone stock against his 95 gt with fullexhaust 355 gears and a 5 speed. he ran 14.5's..like ii would pull on him badddd. i do agree there is aLOT of beaten up fbods.and are dog slow..just have to watch out for the well kept ones..and they usally are underated pretty damn well.. mine put down 245 rwhp and 301 rwtq bone stock. with cheap gas and pulling timing.thats out of an auto.

read his above post

He did pretty well. :nice:

My car had 95k on it and it didn't affect performance at all. I can't begin to tell you how many modded stangs I blew off the road when I had headers and a k&n. I blew them away from the start and top end. Top end, the best stangs would lose ground from the get go- and totally lose steam at 90-100mph where the Z was just getting started. 3rd gear pulled through 125 and took off again in over-drive. I had 3.23's in mine. All I can say is I am JUST ABOUT to where that cars performance was with my mods now. There is something seriously wrong with your friends Z28 in my o but at least y'all had a good time.

edit - let me add that I was in an 95-95 LT1 SS one time and that car was a DOG!!! I think some of these cars have computer trouble. I also drove in a 93 Trans that was POOP slow. My 90 GT would have beat it stock. I can't explain it. :shrug: MOST of them stock ran 14.3 auto at the track as far as my whitness. I don't know why mine ran a 14.0. Not bragging but maybe driver, dunno.

Yea, my friend's 94 T/A has like 160K on it, most of the stuff is stock and he has long tubes, and a hooker cat back and an slp cai. We would race all the time for fun and when I got my stang and some bolt ons i'd be right next to him or maybee pull a tad. But then one night I raced a cleaner looking T/A and he pulled on me a few car lengths in 3rd gear. Like i said, you never know what your gonna get when you pull up next to one.