MS First start

I see a stable PW and duty cycle... the VE value stays the same as well. I do not see a reason for the AFR to suddenly go lean.

do you have a seperate fan controller? is the temp on it set to 170*? you want an EFI engine to run around 200*

did you disconnect the factory O2 sensors?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I see a stable PW and duty cycle... the VE value stays the same as well. I do not see a reason for the AFR to suddenly go lean.

do you have a seperate fan controller? is the temp on it set to 170*? you want an EFI engine to run around 200*

did you disconnect the factory O2 sensors?
Did you see anything way out of line in with the tune? I have not yet used the auto tune function.

Got it running again and it did ok for a bit, it did start surging. I did two data logs. Iv never looked at a datalog of someone's to know what is considered
"normal". The first log is where i first started the car and it seemed ok IMO. The second log i just hit the "start log" button when it started to act up.
Not sure what is going on with the TPS as it looks as if i was opening it by hitting the throttle but i wasnt?

Before it started to surge it seemed to be idling fine even though the log makes it look "to me" like everything is jumping all over.

Attachments

• 2021-04-06_16.28.54.mlg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 2021-04-06_16.34.19.mlg
    987.8 KB · Views: 19
Took the car out for its first short drive with auto tune. Ran good only issue i had was when leaving a stop in 1st it wanted to buck and im not sure
its a tune issue or the clutch.

I messed up and completely forgot to datalog it, here is a screen shot comparing my fuel table before and after the first auto tune.

i have it set to very easy, when should that be changed and is it ok to have it making the changes on the fly or should it be done after the drive?

Attachments

• 1stautotune.jpg
    1stautotune.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 18
Started car and let temp come up over 160. Took it through a few start stops, highway, back road then back to high way.

It seemed to have a idle surge after it was up to temp that i couldnt see why. It didnt seem to be going into cells with odd values
or anything. Idle seemed ok at first till it warmed up some. Had autotune set to normal and not to go below 1300 rpm, max cell change to 10 and percent to 8.

Still had bucking at take off and im thinking its the clutch. Would the clutch not being fully broke in cause such
harsh engagement, even on some 1-2 shifts its pretty jerky. Maybe clutch isnt adjusted right.

Attached log and current tune after the auto tune drive. 350s on the datalog is where it starts to surge

Last edited:
Fuel looks good, work on adjusting the idle advance correction curve. looks like it gets into a small swing, you could try to disable it first if that is worse then work on adjusting the values. You may be able to tighten the values next to zero and fix the problem

Here is current tune file.

It was also suggested by Stinger that i may have a kink in my vac hose going to ECU?

He said there is a lag between throttle input and MAP increase in my log?

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    285.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Attached is driving log file.

I checked the hose and from the vacuum tree to where it passes though the firewall has no kinks, if there is a hose issue its on the cabin side which would require
me to remove the kick panel/ecu. I see alot of guys with there ecu's on the passenger side floor and now i know why.

Attachments

• 2021-07-02_11.32.01.mlg
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
I see the AE settings need work but the MAP sensor is responding exactly like it should with throttle input [an immediate response] I see nothing wrong in this log file, you are almost hitting targets the fuel needs some love but the EGO correction needs work.

I see no reason to remove the ecu from the kick panel, if you like I can make some changes to the tune file to help you move in the right direction and give a brief explanation of the changes.