Mustang II clutch fork/ clutch lever

Mine is from a 75 II with v8. A friend of mine put close to 50k on this fork back in the 80's. When he blew the engine I snatched his trans. I have it working in my setup today. Try to locate one of these.

Mine sits 2/3 forward in the opening so mine may have been bent over the years. This tells me a fox one isn't too far off.

I swear I've read the fox fork worked. I just cannot find it again. If you can weld you should be able to bend the fox fork to match. If not it was minor modifications to the pivot to make it work. They are 30 bucks new so worth it in my mind to get one and mock it up. Just get the adjustable pivot as well.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a friend who claims he might have one
He's checking but he's notoriously slow, will take him a couple days.
I'm interested to see which version he coughs up.

hi Guys ...
Many thanks for your tips and help
. I wrote with Phill Schmid and he even had an original clutch fork for me ... of course I bought it directly.
That is the originals

_nc_ohc=1HgX9BljXP8AX9Vi10y&_nc_ht=scontent-ber1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=EY2KMRW8lR4AX97UNdm&_nc_ht=scontent-ber1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=arxf37YODTIAX89OSNL&_nc_ht=scontent-ber1-1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...message_id=mid.$cAABa81-nC454TsFzy1yHXwacVMbI
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...message_id=mid.$cAABa81-nC454TsE7KFyHXvcJt8fZ

Reactions: 2 users
mine is for a 2.3 so not 'correct'
probably would still work though depending on how different the 2.3 and the small mutt2 302bell housings are

My friend actually had one with the D5Z on it!
I don't know if v8 and v6 are different but assume v6 had a earlier part number from being released in '70 or '71
I cleaned her protective layer of crud off for her photo shoot.

D52A 7515 AC (2.3) vs D5ZA-7515-BA (V8)

There are the same length over all, but V8 definitely has pivot point closer to trans centerline
thus the change in rivet direction
wyauzkdKT8GmWqEZICYu+A.jpg
T6o8ZUx%Svmfco0PuC0edg.jpg

He talked about a v8 pinto conversion from back in the 80s with stock pinto v6 four speed and mutt 2 V8 bell?
Which I asked for but says probably went to his friends sprint car back in the day
Either way 40$ and some shine and this fork is mine.

Last edited: