Mustang is down for the count and it's Capri FTW!!!!!!!

+1 on what dude said about your power steering. You probably dont have a leak, but if you turned the wheels with the car off, and pushed the car, the fluid will come out on its own. Ive seen that alot when i worked at the body shop on cars that werent running when they came in.

Yeah, it looks like it just spewed out the top. Cool. This morning at 3:30am tho, it was dark and all I saw was a puddle on the ground.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm betting on it being the lock cylinder stripping its guts out. I dunno what it is with some of these Ford ignition locks, or if it's maybe the aftermarket, but they use the absolute cheapest, softest, crappiest metal for those things. My dad's did something along the same line with his '92 Crown Vic a couple of weeks ago - key just freewheeled inside the lock, and he couldn't shut the stupid thing off.

If it was the switch and it stuck in the full-forward position, your starter would have been permanently engaged until it shredded the starter bendix (and/or ruined the flywheel) and drained your battery.

If you're needing to borrow a cat'ed crossover pipe for smog testing, I could hook you up with my UPR X-pipe for awhile ... but I'm gonna need it in May when I have to get my notch re-smogged.

I'm betting on it being the lock cylinder stripping its guts out. I dunno what it is with some of these Ford ignition locks, or if it's maybe the aftermarket, but they use the absolute cheapest, softest, crappiest metal for those things. My dad's did something along the same line with his '92 Crown Vic a couple of weeks ago - key just freewheeled inside the lock, and he couldn't shut the stupid thing off.

If it was the switch and it stuck in the full-forward position, your starter would have been permanently engaged until it shredded the starter bendix (and/or ruined the flywheel) and drained your battery.

If you're needing to borrow a cat'ed crossover pipe for smog testing, I could hook you up with my UPR X-pipe for awhile ... but I'm gonna need it in May when I have to get my notch re-smogged.

It was the ignition switch. Fell out in 2 pieces. I think I'll take you up on that X pipe offer. I'm due at the end of this month but I need a new catback system first. Might order that today. Sometime down the road I'll get a new one. Of course you'll have yours back as soon as possible. :nice:

I've got a pair of same-side inlet/outlet Dynomax muffs sitting around, too, if you wanna borrow those to rig up a side-exit cat-back to go with it. You'll still need to come up with a pair of flow tubes, two 90* elbows, and two 18" straight pipes, but I've got the hangers n' other stuff still with 'em. The the muffs are just sitting around taking up space and ... hell, on second thought, you can just have 'em.

Oh, damn, I''ve already committed to ordering an exhaust kit thru someone on AzMustangs. I'd feel bad if I punked out on em. :( Thank you for the offer tho. :nice:

I'm still interested in borrowing your X pipe for emissions tho. :) I'll be getting an off road X pipe in a few weeks or so.