Mustang Performance Handbook 2

here are a few pics i took from the book on the torque arm to give you guys an idea how detailed the plans are in this book

i27rb7.jpg

28rco3r.jpg

2010jyc.jpg

2ep4iko.jpg

f41d3b.jpg

jj4o3t.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Uhhh better check again Rbohm,...that link is to the first volume, and that volume contains none of the stuff as detailed in the MPHB 2.

The book is very rare, and when you find one, it's typically WAAAY more than the 28.00 the original can still be bought for, and more than likely will be in used condition for around 120.00.
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Mustang-Per...ications-Street-Strip-and-Road-Racing-/663605
http://www.valorebooks.com/textbook...m=referral&utm_campaign=Froogle&date=12/28/13
When you open the link, notice that pricing starts at 94.00 for a used book, and new copies sell starting at double that.

Somebody over at the Corral had scanned and converted their copy to PDF, but the link is all fractured and you can't get it to work.
Given that the book isn't even in print anymore, I think somebody should be able to offer the damn thing for public use. I tried to find one last year when I started the Fairmont build,...and it was a pain in the ass then.

Uhhh better check again Rbohm,...that link is to the first volume, and that volume contains none of the stuff as detailed in the MPHB 2.

The book is very rare, and when you find one, it's typically WAAAY more than the 28.00 the original can still be bought for, and more than likely will be in used condition for around 120.00.
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Mustang-Per...ications-Street-Strip-and-Road-Racing-/663605
http://www.valorebooks.com/textbook...m=referral&utm_campaign=Froogle&date=12/28/13
When you open the link, notice that pricing starts at 94.00 for a used book, and new copies sell starting at double that.

Somebody over at the Corral had scanned and converted their copy to PDF, but the link is all fractured and you can't get it to work.
Given that the book isn't even in print anymore, I think somebody should be able to offer the damn thing for public use. I tried to find one last year when I started the Fairmont build,...and it was a pain in the ass then.

you are right, my mistake.

I lightly read this book last night.

As a racer I really enjoyed the sections that described the problems with the Fox Mustang front end geometry and how to correct the problems. I wish there was more comparison to well known, well setup contemporaries besides the Corvette (C4?) though, maybe another front strut car like the BMW 3 series or Nissan Z.

If you are a straight line guy I don't know if you would get a lot out of this book. The book covers suspension and touches on weight transfer in a few sections but it is likely general information you can get elsewhere. I'm not a drag guy and plan to swap in IRS so didn't read those drag racing sections that closely yet.

Does anyone have the first volume? Are the engine tuning and setup sections worth buying the book to get or is it all dated information at this point?

I lightly read this book last night.

As a racer I really enjoyed the sections that described the problems with the Fox Mustang front end geometry and how to correct the problems. I wish there was more comparison to well known, well setup contemporaries besides the Corvette (C4?) though, maybe another front strut car like the BMW 3 series or Nissan Z.

If you are a straight line guy I don't know if you would get a lot out of this book. The book covers suspension and touches on weight transfer in a few sections but it is likely general information you can get elsewhere. I'm not a drag guy and plan to swap in IRS so didn't read those drag racing sections that closely yet.

Does anyone have the first volume? Are the engine tuning and setup sections worth buying the book to get or is it all dated information at this point?

i found both books to be quite informative. there is plenty of good detail in both books. some of the information is dated today, but still applicable.

Also, the modifications that the book describes to correct front end geometry... I'm guessing that is basically what Maximum Motorsports does with their custom front subframe/ K-member? Maybe they make other changes? Anyone know? I'll make a phone call when I get to that point.

Does the book have an ISBN number? If so you can ask your local public library to get you a loaner copy. The Library of Congress maintains copies of every book that was ever copyrighted. Publishers are required by law to furnish copies of the book to the Library of Congress as part of the copyright law. Public libraries can request a loaner from the Library of Congress . There may be some small shipping and handling charges, but they would be much less expensive that buying the book.

Edit: I found the ISBN number (Google is your friend...) There is a 10 digit format and a 13 digit format
Mustang Performance Handbook 2
ISBN-10: 1557882029
ISBN-13: 978-1557882028

Mustang Performance Handbook 1
ISBN-10: 1557881936
ISBN-13: 9781557881939

Last edited:
I'm in Canada...so unfortunately the library of congress route wouldn't work for me - but sounds like a great idea if someone over there was to do this to get a copy in scan it for the rest of us :)