Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Nah, i like the idea of being able to cruise around with family in car to go somewhere. The fox is too "race car" for that, and it's my own personal sanctuary. I prefer if nobody other than myself set foot in that car.

This GT is meant to allow me to do all the things I dont do with the Fox. Like drive in the rain, or pack the kids in the car to go get ice cream and let them each in the back seat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Wow. So different driving this thing around.

IMG_4752.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Couple more pics

Drivers front wheel hits something on big dips. I actually think it’s hitting the screw on the fender liner at the top. Might need to add a little more camber to help that, or lift. I like how it looks thoigh.

Drivers side front caliper still drags a bit for some reason. Need to look into that this winter. Still need to swap that hydroboost hose, but after driving a new edge arohnd, the fox stops waaaaay better. So I need to stop overthinking the brake feel issue. It’s firm, but stops the car much better than the stock hydroboost on the 00GT

Oh this sucker will spin 265 tires if I jump on it in 2nd at 1500RPM. Surprised myself with that one…

IMG_4763.jpeg
IMG_4761.jpeg
IMG_4753.jpeg
IMG_4742.jpeg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Car looks great Mike! You shouldn’t expect much in the way of traction from todays summer tires when you load them up with some torque. I gave up and run drag radials all the time now. Handle better in the turns as I can put the power down quicker on the exits and smash the throttle with minimal tail wiggle.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Oops. Went to order a set of lug nuts for the new edge. Looks like I fat fingered and ordered two sets

IMG_4788.jpeg

I’ll hand onto the 2nd set for now. Return shipping cost it too high.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Apparently I’m making a habit of this.

Separate order. Wanted a stubby antenna. Fat fingered two into the cart. Oh wel, at least I have two cars to use them on

IMG_4799.jpeg
I save items in my wish list n different sites, which sometimes does what your experiencing. Another one will be added .. Watch that " number of " box.....

Sending pics to Cosmis. Hopefully it’s enough to fulfil my obligation and these wheels are now fully mine.

Also because I want to take the cosmis badging off and go with these caps

Haven’t fully decided which one I will run just yet

IMG_4911.jpeg
IMG_4910.jpeg

I like the look of the tri-bar... reminiscent of the Pony wheel centers... but the carbon fiber look just doesn't fit in. You can't get the tri-bar one with a plain black (or even silver) background? That would be optimum, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.