Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need one of these too. Can’t find one since everything is r134a conversion fittings.

Need an R12 low side fitting. Already have the high side

EE578645-5EC4-4A36-97EA-627D0D845532.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

i'll look in my storage unit to see if any of mine still have the original R12 fittings. I also may have some brackets laying around if you need any. Wish I kept my original lines when I removed them 20 years ago because RACECAR.

Reactions: 1 user
Started programming up a simple fan controller with an Arduino. Got my 9-year old to help me and he seemed pretty interested through 90% of it.

Most of the wires are for the display, and I’ll likely not use that in the end. So this will be 3-4 wires and a few resistors.

Just need to work on the PWM output code based on what coolant temp I see.

04BD9222-F4DB-433F-AAB2-598E04B627C3.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I actually didn’t grab the bracket from him. I was too quick on the LMR order and already had a tracking number. :(
Just do'n your part for the economy
Started programming up a simple fan controller with an Arduino. Got my 9-year old to help me and he seemed pretty interested through 90% of it.

Most of the wires are for the display, and I’ll likely not use that in the end. So this will be 3-4 wires and a few resistors.

what happened to a good old fashioned on/off switch ?
gaud I'm feeling older every year :doh:
Wait...........
I am getting older every year,
Crap!!!

66 degrees? Turn on your heater you psychopath!

• Haha
I'm curious to see if you have any trouble hooking up the dryer line. My stuff is all ready to go except for that one piece. I got tired of messing with it a good while ago. I plan on tackling it again soon.

I'm curious to see if you have any trouble hooking up the dryer line. My stuff is all ready to go except for that one piece. I got tired of messing with it a good while ago. I plan on tackling it again soon.

That line is installed right now. It was a PITA.

It kept snagging the O-rings on the condenser so I actually damaged one and had to replace it. I had to use tons of oil on the o-rings and carefully wiggle it on. The condenser end took a few tires and required a new o-ring. Evap side wasn’t so bad.

A few more lines of code and done. Just need to actually test it with the sensor in boiling water and verify the accuracy. I can tweak a few things to get it spot on in the 180-200 range where I want it the most accurate.

Was a fun project and the kiddo learned a few things
D4738EF2-74A4-46FA-965B-87C76DEA8D52.jpeg

Ignore the values for now. Was just messing around. The fan controller operates on 20-100% PWM. So when duty cycle is at 20% fan speed will really be at 1% (i know it says 5%...ignore it). I’ll tweak these values when I actually input my desired fan speeds at specific coolant temps.

And if you are curious, here's a snip of my coding. I didn't write it 100%. Maybe 50% was "borrowed from the internet" and then i tweaked it a bit here and there to do what I needed it to do. 139 lines total.
1641441268875.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
A few more lines of code and done. Just need to actually test it with the sensor in boiling water and verify the accuracy. I can tweak a few things to get it spot on in the 180-200 range where I want it the most accurate.

Was a fun project and the kiddo learned a few things
D4738EF2-74A4-46FA-965B-87C76DEA8D52.jpeg

Ignore the values for now. Was just messing around. The fan controller operates on 20-100% PWM. So when duty cycle is at 20% fan speed will really be at 1% (i know it says 5%...ignore it). I’ll tweak these values when I actually input my desired fan speeds at specific coolant temps.

And if you are curious, here's a snip of my coding. I didn't write it 100%. Maybe 50% was "borrowed from the internet" and then i tweaked it a bit here and there to do what I needed it to do. 139 lines total.
1641441268875.png
Very cool stuff! Anybody can bolt things on, wire things up...... you are telling it what to do, and when !!!

LMR order came in. One thing on my list was a new steering column trim since I drilled holes in my original for the shift light

It’s a Daniel Carpenter part, made on Ford tooling.

But check this out. It’s so curled up that it fits like dog :poo:. Looks like an OEM part, fits like crap

0E841189-B03D-4C8D-B47E-E562E74444EF.jpeg
13623FBD-CD6C-4BF0-9DF2-CAD7CB71774A.jpeg
5DE2F680-8A2C-4B77-90C3-EC142BBB62C9.jpeg

Last edited:
I doubt that thing is gonna fit right if he can even get it around the column, I would send it back
now he could try to reshape it by taking a 'bridge' to push it a tic past where it is supposed to be and apply heat/cool a few times and it may work then, I've done this with slightly twisted trim pieces.
I do have some dash/column trim lay'n about, I could look.

When the screws are tightened with it sit flush and snap together?

It doesn’t sit right on the column at all, even forcing it together.

LMR already responded and are going to inspect their batches tomorrow and see if they are all like that or if this is an outlier. If they are all like that they will refund me. If they have a good one, they will ship it out.

They don’t need me to send this one back. If it comes down to it, I’ll heat it up and try to reshape it

Status
Not open for further replies.