Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

• Sponsors (?)

Well then you'll not like this part, one had chocolate chips as thats what she makes our daughter and there was an "extra" ;)
Ah Jeez!

I guess I better be a good little boy and get my butt to the grocery store.

I'll post more later when I get to do something that requires my testicles, like working on Doby.

Well Im headed out to get some fiberglass, building / modifying the rear speaker position for new speakers,
speakers in a curved surface - outta be fun ....

Reactions: 1 user
cool, then I vote 15" with 17 fronts. Done right it looks awesome

I vote 15 inch all the way around and a wheel width that is slightly more narrow than recommended for the size tire that you want to run. Crater-deep offset for the rears ala Pantera:

1974-detomaso-pantera-L.jpg

RF1152010z.jpg

Ok this one is probably not 15s but it illustrates look and offset stuck in my head. This is more along the lines of what 89oem was talking about. It makes the tire in back look taller.

This just looks restarted:

upload_2016-4-23_10-11-26.jpeg

I found these while I was looking for a specific wheel that I've seen but can't recall the name of...
If it comes to me, I'll drop in.

I'm almost positive you're going to have to get out of the mainstream wheel vendors. Even the Revos wheels aren't wide enough for ya. 3-piece anyone?

Reactions: 1 users
I vote 15 inch all the way around and a wheel width that is slightly more narrow than recommended for the size tire that you want to run. Crater-deep offset for the rears ala Pantera:

1974-detomaso-pantera-L.jpg

RF1152010z.jpg

Ok this one is probably not 15s but it illustrates look and offset stuck in my head. This is more along the lines of what 89oem was talking about. It makes the tire in back look taller.

This just looks restarted:

upload_2016-4-23_10-11-26.jpeg

I found these while I was looking for a specific wheel that I've seen but can't recall the name of...
If it comes to me, I'll drop in.

I'm almost positive you're going to have to get out of the mainstream wheel vendors. Even the Revos wheels aren't wide enough for ya. 3-piece anyone?
Billet Specialties has their street lites in a 12". Now that I'm tubbing Doby, my backspacing increases to 6". Still leaves 6" deep (roughly) on the front side. Should look pretty trick, I think.

Last edited:
Please. Please whatever you do do not put a 15" wheel on your car. Nothing says " dated" quite as well as a 15" wheel. If your plans ever include a Cobra front brake conversion, you can take your 15" wheels straight to eBay town and sell them for a loss, cause ain't no 13" rotor gonna fit under no stinkin weanie assed 15" wheel.

15" wheels are for drag racers, the resto-mod guys of the world, and a few fashion challenged goobers still wearing parachute pants.

The rest of the world that realizes that cornering performance comes with a bigger wheel, and a shorter sidewall choose 17/18/19" wheels instead.

What was the point of the line?... You missed it a little.

I've only just begun.
It's called paraphrasing Mike, not exact duplicate. Using an old song to say, sh*t, I've got a lot of work to do.

Here's proof, I'm getting ready to weld the notch in, and HOLY CRAP, the frame was filled with Okie red dirt!.
image.jpg

I got to get on here and read your update on the monster, maybe a couple more hours with doby first.